“Better Than Most Chinese Buffets”
Review of East Buffet

East Buffet
Ranked #137 of 637 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 November 2015

On 11/9/15 I had lunch for the third time at the East Buffet in Irving, TX. As always, this review is my opinion in comparison to restaurants of a similar genre. The reason it was the 3rd time is that this place is much better than most of the similar venues that I have been in.
With a friend, who introduced me to this establishment, I sampled several of their many dishes.
The expansive variety of their offerings is a good reason for kudos. Many items that I've not seen in a Chinese buffet before, including crawfish and a "Mongolian Grill" where an attendant will cook up fresh meat and chicken according to exactly how you order it -- adding fresh ingredients as you request.

First the sushi. It is basic, but well done AND fresh. Looks good and tastes like sushi should. The sushi is one reason that East Buffet wins kudos.
Secondly, I happen to like fried egg rolls. East Buffet has good ones that they somehow are able to keep fairly crispy, even on the buffet.
What I like best about East Buffet is the overall quality of the prepared food in general. Everything that I tasted was fresh and flavorful. I do happen to like the basic chicken and broccoli dish, and each time the broccoli was properly cooked - not essentially raw. My personal taste would have it cooked up slightly more, but it was very good the way it was. The green beans, however, were indeed raw. That was a big disappointment because I do like green beans and their savory flavor was good - but just don't like the raw vegetables.
The only other disappointment was the desert table. Their apple pie looked wonderful, but was actually very poorly made with uncooked tough apples and not enough sweetness and flavor. Their soft 'ice cream' is pretty much only for kids and tastes like ice skim milk that has been watered down.
However, with all of the other really good solid food there, I don't need the desert calories anyway.
Each time I've visited East Buffet, I've departed very satisfied and with the feeling that I will be back, given the opportunity. Actually worth going a little out of your way if you are interested in a Chinese buffet.

Reviewed 12 February 2015

It has been several years since I visited this restaurant but while I lived in Irving and surrounding areas, this was my all time favorite Chinese restaurant. True it is a buffett which usually means food sitting for long periods, but this restaurnat is so popular, all the food is always fresh. Sushi chef preparing fresh rice and seafood rolls, a mongolian grill and my favorite was the peel and eat shrimp. All you can eat for one price. I am sure the price has gone up a few dollars since my last visit but even at the $11 per meal price it was worth "bustin' your gut" for all you can eat. If I get the chance, i will be back. I promise!

2  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 12 February 2015

I have been there at least 4 times ,but not in years.But none the less the place has not changed
in the least,The staff is friendly and help full,the food is hot & plentiful,with a large group of items
it is a wonderful place for this style of food, and a place to return time and time again

3  Thank texasturtle58
Reviewed 17 November 2014

East Buffet is always packed because it's always good. The sushi is great and they have an awesome selection

Reviewed 20 October 2014

I love Chinese buffets because they offer variety and you can eat all you want for a low to decent price. East Buffet Restaurant does not disappoint on both counts.

Here, the staff is friendly and the restaurant clean. That is always great points to begin with but how is the food? Two words.... deliciously fresh. There is always lots of people dining especially during the lunch and dinner hours so the food is cooked fresh because of the turnaround. I normally go after 1PM when there are less people and freshly cooked food has been brought out to replenish what was just eaten by the lunch crowd. If you can, go after 1pm for fresh selections and LOTS less people.

They offer the soups, egg rolls and fried foods typical of chinese but also their asian spicy buffalo style chicken wings are very good and is something you don't see very often. There are fish and shrimp varieties and they are all tasty. I find the food to be delicious and not salty or made with MSG and the varieties of dishes they offer are well made. If there is a negative in the foods cooked is that they have mostly chicken dishes and only a few beef ones. They do not have any pork dishes that I have seen which I love the most so I take points away for that but that aside the rest is fantastic.

The salads are always crispy fresh and the lettuces never wilted. The desserts are plentiful but I never eat them because i am usually filled to the brim with the entrees. Drinks are extra over the price but that is the norm everywhere so for about 10 bucks you will have had a really good meal and leave with a full belly. Do I recommend this restaurant? Wholeheartedly.

1  Thank Jorge S

Been to East Buffet? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK