“Park & Fly”

Ranked #58 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Decatur, Texas
“Park & Fly”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The first time I stayed there, I was pretty surprised by the room. No carpet - a synthetic wood-like floor!?!? Then it dawned on me - it has GOT to be cleaner than any hotel carpet - neat. What, no closet?!?! Hmm, it isn't like I'm moving in, I just need to hang a fewthings up, and there is an area perfect for that - cool. What's with the bathroom and the corner shaped tub? I wonder where I can find one of those? Smart. The accomodations are not the "usual" hotel style - they are a well thought out "different" that you really appreciate after you stay there.

The staff is nice, the prices are right, the shuttle to the airport is efficient, and I can leave my car there for no extra charge! This is the cleanest Motel 6 you'll ever find, I have told friends about this place, and now they are all addicted - there is no better deal near the DFW airport.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Decatur-Longhorn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is one of the better Motel 6's I have stayed in. The staff is great very helpful & friendly, Has a pool and laundry,very clean. The only draw back is you need to pay $ 2.99 per day for internet.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeonardD
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have never found a Motel 6 anything to write home about - until now!
Everything about my experience here was excellent, from the free airport shuttle to the very accommodating staff to the meticulously clean rooms. Would stay here anytime I needed a place near DFW. Upper floors are the quietest.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank jdnhilo
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I searched for over 5 hours for a hotel near the DFW airport, with 24 hr. shuttle, where we could leave our car for 3 days.. While at the same time not costing us a fortune. This hotel was AWESOME! The rooms were CLEAN, nicely decorated. We caught our plane fine with the airport shuttle, and on the way home we only waited like 5 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport. George at the front desk was Great!... The room was not huge, but it was CLEAN and nice (that is a lot coming from me a germophobe!)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jennyruth_12
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions in January 2012. This is the best Motel 6 I have ever come across. I think the rooms must have been refurbished in the recent past. The week before I had stayed in one in OKC and it was terrible.

The rooms are basic but they are clean and functional which are the main things for me. The floors are covered in wood instead of the usual low grade carpet.

The receptionist on my second stay was excellent and offered me a room with two beds so I could do some packing/unpacking of my suitcases on one of them. She was extremely friendly and efficient.

The only minus points are the speed of the wifi and the shower in my second room was a much reduced pressure compared to my first. But these really are minor niggles.

If you need to fly out of DFW and just need a room for the night at a budget price I don't think you can do better than this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo