“Gross”

Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed here one night before a flight out of Dallas. When we checked in, they couldn't find our reservation. They finally found us and upon entering our room, I set my bag down on the desk before noticing that there were two dirty q-tips lying right on top next to my bag. That was enough for me; I didn't bother to inspect the rest of the room before sending my husband down to request a room change. Upon entering our second room, I noticed the sofa was just filthy. It's obvious that it has probably never once been cleaned, even though it has very noticeable stains all over it. I knew right then and there the chance of finding a clean room in this hotel was slim to none, so we decided it would be pointless to try and switch again.

A couple of minutes into my shower, I felt the water rise up above my ankles. I had to turn the water off and back on several times before I was done because the water drained so slowly due to a clog.

I don't need a lot of bells and whistles when I travel, and didn't expect any staying at a hotel with a great low price that this one had. What I *do* expect from any hotel no matter what the rate, is that it is clean. This hotel doesn't make the grade. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Adeena62
west5, General Manager at Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

We appreciate your feedback. We are using your feedback too continually improve. Thank you

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel so I could park my car and catch an early flight. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Needed to leave at 5 a.m. and the shuttle was on time. Coming back, the shuttle driver took me right to my car.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank OkeyTravellers

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon, the next time you fly out of DFW Airport. We are one of only a few hotels that have their own shuttle bus.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel is a quick shuttle ride from DFW Airport. Rates are very competitive. The rooms are large and feature microwave ovens, mini-frig and a coffee maker. There is a nice breakfast room and breakfast includes hot items (boiled eggs, waffles) as well as cereals, yogurt, breads, etc. Monday - Thursday evenings there is a manager's reception which includes chips, salsa, queso and a main course such as mini-hamburgers. There is also a keg of cold beer. Very nice! We'll definitely continue to stay here when we travel through DFW and need overnight accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExcellentAdventures
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice while in town on business. Both times I've been overcharged at checkout. The staff seem very helpful at first, but in the end, they have no idea what they are doing. It shouldn't take an hour to checkout, and eventually they just tell you what you want to hear so you'll leave. My issues have never been resolved on the spot. The second stay I was promised a discount for the inconvenience but never received it. When I called the manager the next week, since he never called me like I was told he would, I was told that the employee had no authority to give discounts. I am so disgusted with this hotel, I will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ambergil
Reviewed 9 March 2011

The hotel was not near any restaurants and if you don't have a car then you are out of luck. There are some restaurants that deliver, but a minimum is required.

There were some reviews concerning the shuttle, but it was great. I called and within 10 minutes the shuttle was at the airport to pick me up. On the way to the airport no issues either. The only issue was the bad smell in the van, but the ride was short and it was bearable.

The room was fine and the free internet a fabulous thing. The only issue was that there were ants in the bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business