“Can't say enough good things about this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Can't say enough good things about this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was worried when I booked the room (on a friend's recommendation) when I saw the price. There was no way in my mind it could be even a decent hotel in that area for the cost. I had to be reassured by the friend doing the recommending and I am so glad I listened! The place was great, I have no complaints (and that is rare for me!) My husband and I have stayed in many places and have paid much more for much less. The area the hotel is in is a great. The staff was nice and helpful. The rooms was very nicely decorated and CLEAN!!! And again for the price it was just almost too good to be true. I would stay there again and will recommend to anyone I know going to the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kelli S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Greenwood, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My flight got cancelled back to Arkansas so I had to stay here for the night. This is an excellent place to stay at! There is a restaurant within walking distance. The hotel was very clean. The staff was excellent. The bed was nice with lots of pillows. Great breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Amandaj1718
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for 4 nights recently and couldn't have been more pleased. I can't think of a single service or convenience this hotel didn't provide.

I was traveling with a group and we all had different arrivals and departures at the airport. We had sent our flight schedules to the hotel prior to our stay so that the hotel's shuttle could coordinate our pickups most conveniently for all concerned. It was flawless. No one had to wait an exceptional amount of time to be picked up or had to walk all over DFW to find the shuttle. They took us to our office each day and picked us up when we were ready, they shuttled us to dinner for the times we didn't walk to one of the nearby restaurants, and took us all back to the airport with the utmost efficiency and professionalism.

The rooms were immaculate. Housekeeping even polished my personal hand mirror I had left on the bathroom vanity! My makeup and toiletries were neatly arranged and everything sparkling clean upon my return. That really impressed me, because it was obvious that she took time to care for everything and didn't just breeze through, doing only the minimum.

The hot breakfast is fantastic - better than I've seen in higher priced hotels, with waffles, eggs (choice of scrambled and hard boiled), hash browns, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, assorted pastries, muffins, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit.. everything I tried was delicious.

They offer complimentary social hour in the lobby in the evening during the week with wine and beer on tap and a variety of snacks.

The toiletries are Neutrogena, and the coffee is Wolfgang Puck - very nice. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious.

There is an Avis rental car office located right in the hotel with cheaper rates than at the airport, so it was really convenient for those who wanted to get a car for just a day or two to sightsee. And what a nice convenience to turn in your rental right at the hotel instead of the airport, then haul your luggage all around DFW to find your terminal!

The staff is outstanding! Everyone was so kind and professional. They all gave the impression that they liked their jobs and were happy to go out of their way for any request.

I will definitely stay here again, given the opportunity, and highly recommend it, especially for business travel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Keri73
WingateLasColinas, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We are ecstatic to hear you had such a great experience. With larger groups is rare we get a guest review and we notified our entire staff of the wonderful review you wrote out for us. We really do appreciate the time you've taken here and do wish to see you again soon. We hope to provide all our guests with exactly the same service you experienced.

Thank you again and happy travels!!
West Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Good location with restaurants and CVS within walking distance and much more within a couple of miles drive. Easy access to Downtown Dallas, Fort Worth and premium outlets. The room was large and beds comfortable, very clean throughout the hotel and staff always helpful, easy parking and good breakfast. We have stayed in a few Wingates through-out the States and they are always consistantly good. Only problem we had was being woken up every night by loud, inconsiderate people shouting up and down the hallways and slamming doors on their way to bed (not the kids that were staying there for a gymnastic tournament but adults) - however this is also something that we have found is consistant through-out the States in every hotel we stay at!
Good price and good hotel - highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in December. It is easy access to the freeway and there are plenty of restaurants within a 5 minute drive. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was perfect to get me through until dinner. The room was clean with a firm bed and good internet connection. One drawback was hearing the guest above me walk in the room late at night. It didn't happen often, but I don't know if this is typical in the other rooms or if the guest was larger than most. Also, the draft beer that they offer for the evening happy hour should be changed as I could only drink a few sips. Fortunately, I was able to buy beer and store it in the refrigerator.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business