New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Irving
los angeles, ca
“Convenient airport hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is a good choice if you want to be close to the airport. The hotel seems efficiently run with the shuttle service leaving right on time to DFW. The room was comfortable, staff friendly and priced less than hotels in the area. The hotel feels like it caters more to the business traveler, good for an overnight stay but I am not sure you would want to book for an extended or vacation stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LAWRENCE W, General Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
NVTravel31,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Doubletree DFW North. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback is very important to the success of the hotel. I will be sure to share your positive comments with my team.

Business or pleasure, we try to meet and exceed all of our guest needs when they choose to stay with us. We have a wonderful pool area which was completely renovated last month. We offer vacation packages for the Dallas and Grapevine areas that are for families and adults. You can find these on our web site. I hope you will stay with us again for business or pleasure in the near future!

Lawrence Williams
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The pictures look a lot better than the property. I just felt the hotel was a disappointment. It was fine for a quick overnight stay, but I would not want to stay longer. The pool and fitness center were adequate, but nothing exceptional.

Pros: very comfy beds. Room service was quick and tasty. And, of course, the yummy warm cookies!

• Stayed April 2012
Brett L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I truly value each and every guest’s feedback about our service, product and facility. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our beds, room service and of course our amazing cookies! Please feel free to contact me if you would like to share why you were disappointed in our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

My family stayed at the Doubletree DFW and our experience was outstanding. The staff were very friendly from the time that we entered the door. We were greeted immediately and brought to the registration desk where check in was done in an expiedient manner. We were offered hot cookies which we really enjoyed. The room service staff were superb and took care of our every need. They were very understanding of our son who is very particular about how his food is cooked and served. The Doubletree has an excellent restaurant where we enjoyed a lovely breakfast buffet with a courteous wait-staff. Overall our experience with this hotel was fantastic from start to finish.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Pipermomaz
Pipermomaz,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your kind words about our staff and hotel is what we strive for with each and every guest! It is always nice to be able to share such favorable comments with my staff. Thank you for choosing the Doubletree DFW North and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

It started off great from the time the front desk gave me a warm chocolate chip cookie. I love the friendliness and casual atmosphere of this Doubletree. The staff, from the front desk to the waiters to housekeeping were all friendly and attentive…not in that fake “I am paid to smile at you” manner, but sincerely warm. It made me feel like I was staying in the home of a friend (a very big home with my own private room that is).

The room itself was an ample size, had a great flat screen TV, mini fridge to refrigerate your own bevies and excellent FREE wi-fi connection. My room overlooked the pool area. I LOVED the pool and pool area. The breakfast buffet was also good with plenty of choices. Also, the location of this hotel is ideal, close to the airport and the highway to zip off in any direction necessary.

And of course, I loved the price. It was exactly what I expected and completely reasonable. I would definitely return to this hotel again and now that I’ve been there, I’d try other Doubletree hotels as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FlyAwaaaay
Dustin F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for the review! All of your comments will be shared with our staff. Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our guests' experience. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the DFW area.

Dustin Foster
Front Office Manager
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree and the check in and check out was very efficient and staff was polite and helpful with directions around town. Maid service and those delicious warm cookies were great! I will definitely return to the Doubletree.

Room Tip: Loved my pool view and the sunshine in my window felt great.