“A Work In Progress”

Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Tecumseh Michigan
“A Work In Progress”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is not a quite location. Not only can you hear the road noise but the place is under construction/remodeling. I should have taken the hint when I got my Priority Member gift and it included ear-plugs. Construction noise started early and ended late. They were hanging new pictures in renovated rooms at 8PM. My room had new carpet installed and the smell of chemicals was horrible. I had to sleep with the window open. The TV did not have a remote.

Good thing I set my cell phone alarm because I didn't get my wake up call. My room did not receive room service between nights. The front desk is rarely staffed after 9:00PM The work out room was closed and there was no coffee or newspapers in the lobby area. Also I had to wait in line to check out in the morning instead of getting my bill in my room. This hotel has a long way to go to improve guest service for business travelers.

The one nice thing I can say is the renovated rooms look nice and the room was clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cairns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had 2 nights here before flying out of the USA at the end of our holiday so wanted to be near the airport. We checked in late at night and found the night staff to be helpfull and got to our room pretty efficiently. The rooms themselves were a great size and very clean and had everything we needed. The hotel was undergoing a renovation which they were very apologetic about but apart from one of the lifts being used for this and some plastic laying about it didn't have any impact on us. The free laundry facilities were excellent as was the 'pantry' to be basic food as there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel if you need something to eat. We requested a late check out and staff went out of their way to accomodate us which was very helpfull. The only issue I had is I had booked here as when I had searched it came up as having a shuttle which I assumed was to the airport but it is only for limited times and within a 5mile radius of the hotel. Not a huge issue as a cab ride was quite inexpensive.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have been at this hotel for the last 100 days and for the most part the staff are kind and courteous. There is a bit of a training issue - some staff dont know better and I have had my billing messed up a few times. I truly believe a great organization is made great by the examples of their leaders. The General Manager of this hotel is rude, arrogant and full of his own self importance. His name is Dondi Santoya and he runs a loose ship. Training and staff prpearation is up to him and clearly he lacks in this area. Hotel is run down but is bieng renovated. Sometimes people get noisy in their rooms but management is unwilling to handle it effectively. The caliber of staff is low and it starts at their General Manager. The hotel is going through a major revamp. Hope it will resolve the dirty carpet issue and plain all round run down feel. Hope they revamp their management too. I wont stay at this hotel again. Check your billing if you are a long term guest.

Room Tip: Do not choose one on the lower floors - peopel moving above you will drive you nuts. Some people mov...