See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Room Clean, Love the fresh bright wall of colour in the room. What made this place sooo great was the Night clerk was so Super nice. A breath of Fresh Air!- Nice Young Person! Gives me hope for the future. Such a delight. I want to say his name was Brandon, please forgive If I have it wrong. Its been a week, and I just got home. (havent unpacked). Should be going back in the fall. This will be the place for us to stay. Thank you for making a great stay!

Room Tip: Clean room Great price for Seniors
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I picked this hotel because I have stayed at many Motel 6 locations in the past and have been very pleased. Sadly, this one does not live up to the others.

Pros: I had made a reservation online, and the front desk clerk found it and was able to get me a better rate. She was friendly and courteous the three different times I had to visit her. The toilet flushed every time. The room itself was clean and smelled fresh. The AC worked great.

Cons: 1)The TV remote control had no batteries. 2)After returning to the front desk to get new batteries, I went back to my room only to find the keycard did not work. Another trip to the front desk. The clerk said they had recently replaced "some" of the door locks and you had to pull up on the handle. 99.99% of the hotels I have stayed at have it set so the handle is pushed down to open it. There was no indication on my door, or anywhere for that matter, that these handles were different. 3)The water pressure in the shower and the sink was ridiculously low. I could not rinse the shampoo out of my hair easily. it was like standing in a gentle soft rain. 4)You have to pay for WiFi - $2.99 or $4.99,. I didn't need it so I don't know what the different prices are for.

Note to future occupants: apparently this motel has been remodeled. There is very little counter space in the bathroom. There is a huge round decorator sink in the bathroom that takes up 90% of the counter area allotted for the sink. So if you have a lot of "bathroom gear" just know you will have no room to put it out except on the floor or the toilet lid.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel, there are plenty in the area to choose from.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I enjoyed my stay here. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and tv and fridge worked fine. The folks at the front desk during check in and out were very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We stay in a lot of hotels/motels and by far this is the worst.... Roaches everywhere. Rooms not fully setup. Staff very rude... They are not customer friendly... Would not recommend staying here no matter how cheap...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I chose Motel 6 because it was the lowest price in the area. As such, I do not mind that the least expensive rooms have no refrigerator, no microwave, and the rooms also have no facial tissues and no shampoo, since it is a simple matter for me to bring my own such incidental, personal items.

There is no continental breakfast, either, but there is a McDonald's just a short walk away, and Motel 6 does provide free hot coffee in the morning, which is very nice!

The worst thing about the place is the Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi access costs an additional $2.99 or $4.99, depending on the desired speed, for a 24-hour period. I have been staying here for several weeks now, in myriad rooms, so I have learned that some rooms have very good Wi-Fi coverage, and some rooms have very poor Wi-Fi coverage. So far, I have found very good coverage on the top floor on the east side of building 2 and the north side of building 3, so if you want to use the Wi-Fi, I recommend requesting a room in that area if possible. Also, you might try getting only a single Wi-Fi code and trying it out for a day to see whether or not it works in your room before deciding if you want to get more.

The rooms have always been very clean in my experience, and all of the staff have been pleasant, courteous, professional, and friendly! Melissa at the front desk is a ray of sunshine. :)

Room Tip: I have found good Wi-Fi coverage on the top floor on the east side of building 2 and the north side of building 3.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business