See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I chose Motel 6 because it was the lowest price in the area. As such, I do not mind that the least expensive rooms have no refrigerator, no microwave, and the rooms also have no facial tissues and no shampoo, since it is a simple matter for me to bring my own such incidental, personal items.

There is no continental breakfast, either, but there is a McDonald's just a short walk away, and Motel 6 does provide free hot coffee in the morning, which is very nice!

The worst thing about the place is the Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi access costs an additional $2.99 or $4.99, depending on the desired speed, for a 24-hour period. I have been staying here for several weeks now, in myriad rooms, so I have learned that some rooms have very good Wi-Fi coverage, and some rooms have very poor Wi-Fi coverage. So far, I have found very good coverage on the top floor on the east side of building 2 and the north side of building 3, so if you want to use the Wi-Fi, I recommend requesting a room in that area if possible. Also, you might try getting only a single Wi-Fi code and trying it out for a day to see whether or not it works in your room before deciding if you want to get more.

The rooms have always been very clean in my experience, and all of the staff have been pleasant, courteous, professional, and friendly! Melissa at the front desk is a ray of sunshine. :)

Room Tip: I have found good Wi-Fi coverage on the top floor on the east side of building 2 and the north side of building 3.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I've stayed at several Motel 6 locations across the USA and this one was one of the worst because of the loud noise the heater made. It was a cold night, and I had to leave it on during the night, since only a thin blanket was on the bed. It didn't make a loud noise all the time. It would be off for a few minutes, and then come on again, each time sounding like a siren was going off. At first when I heard it I thought it was coming from several blocks away, and I wondered what was going on. I even called the front desk about it, and the employee said she didn't hear anything. It was only when I walked around the motel that I discovered the noise was from my heater. Nobody else seemed to have that problem. It was obvious the heater was malfunctioning. To the credit of the employee in the office, she did offer to move me to another room, but since I was tired, and was already settled into my room, I told her I would put up with it. However, this problem should have been checked out by the staff before they rented this room to anyone. Other than that, this is a typical Motel 6. It's about a block east of I-45. You have to drive down a narrow road from the I-45 service road to get to it. I chose to spend the night here since I was looking for a place on I-45 to spend the night, without paying a lot of money. Motel 6 is much more affordable than most of the other motel chains, but some locations are better than others. At some Motel 6 locations everything was satisfactory. However some have problems, either too old, or in a bad location, or there is too much criminal activity, etc. Unfortunately, because of the problem I had with the heater, I would have to say this location in Huntsville would not be included in the list of motels that are satisfactory. Looking back, I should have moved to another room, but there was no guarantee that the heater in the other room wouldn't have made the same awful noise.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

There is an old adage that says "you get what you pay for," and that is certainly true here.
While the room was clean, the furniture was worn and dated. The mattress was a bit too soft which is more a sign of wear rather than manufacture. I don't think it's too much, even for a budget motel, to provide washcloths. For a couple of nights stay, it was okay for the price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Screwed Up reservation, staff poorly trained, and management incompetent flunkies. Room filthy, mold in bathroom, floor was gross looked like it had never been mopped. Called corporate office to complain and spoke to someone right out of the hood.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We were in the process of moving and new house was without power. We rented the room for night. The shower was disgusting hair, dirt, slim all over it. The air conditioning didn't work correctly and was busted up. There was hair and nasty unknown substance all over back door. Walls were disgusting. They should have a negative 5 star rating.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family