“Houston Area Icon”

Ranked #127 of 330 Restaurants in Humble
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Reviewed 7 September 2016

James' is celebrating their 93rd Anniversary this year. They have been in the Houston area continuously since 1923. They are renowned for their Coney Island hotdogs and chili. Have been eating at James' since my youth so when we return to Houston, we have to schedule at least one visit. It is good to be able to report that the Coney Islands haven't changed since the first one I ever had. Their hot dogs are really good. Service was good and the staff friendly. Just can't match that taste anywhere else.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I have been going to JCI since I was a kid. I'm glad they have kept the amount of franchises at a minimum to keep the quality up. I usually go to the drive thru since I have difficulty walking in my old age. I like how they have expanded the menu in recent years, diversifying a little bit. One thing I have noticed about JCI is their attention to service. They very seldom get an order wrong, especially at drive thru. If dining inside, it would be easy for you to get your food, never to see another employee the duration of your visit. Here, they actually come check on you several times to see if they can get you anything. Good job, JCI.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We just wanted something yummy for lunch, so we decided on hot dogs. We had the #1 combo (we copied the man in front of us), and our hot dogs were yummy! I couldn't help from eating a few of my fries while we were in line. Fun, silly meal, and we ate a few memories too!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Hadn't been to a James Coney Island in many years. My son decided he wanted to try it, so I pulled up to the drive thru. The menu is kind of confusing to read and the items are over priced for a coney place. How much can a hotdog cost? I could barely hear the guy through the speaker. The was one car in front of me in line. It took us 15 minutes to get our food. How long does it take to cook a hotdog? This place was anti fast food. The staff seemed a little discombobulated. My son absolutely hated the coney. It truly looked disgusting, but a lot of food that I love doesn't always look appealing. This not only looked bad but tasted the same. That being said, the tater tots were on the money good. That is why I am giving the review 2 stars instead of 1.

2  Thank popknott
Reviewed 8 April 2016

My family has eaten JCI for over eighty years. That comes to an end now that they have squashed all of the charm out of the place and replaced the original menu with a variety of short cuts. Even the historical chili that was so good has disappeared. The hotdogs are really bad - probably some turkey based knock off. It just goes to show that all good things come to an end. I won't be back - really awful

1  Thank SouthernTrifecta