Hilton Houston North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Spa
1,191 results
All reviewsmall across the streetfront deskthe executive loungenice hotelbeautiful lobbydiamond memberbusiness centerbusiness meetingairport shuttlegreat customer serviceenjoyed my stayshuttle servicevinostarbucksconventiongailiah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was hesitant to stay at this hotel after reading some of the reviews. I am baffled. As a diamond member, this hotel checked ever box that makes us always book this brand. The shuttle came quickly, the front desk lady was lovely and gave us an upgrade, we had a nice dinner with friendly service and breakfast was excellent with another server that went above and beyond(Marie). We all had a great night’s sleep and the bed was very comfortable. The pool seemed nice but it was a little chilly out to use it. I am BAFFLED by the comments about the neighborhood. It is an industrial park with office buildings and perfectly fine. What are people talking about??? Maybe because there was someone with a sign asking for money on the way from the airport but that is in any city in America. The area is perfectly safe. I haven’t reviewed here in over a year but had to since there were so many silly reviews about this property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda D
Staci L, Sales Admin at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Brenda D,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback towards our Hotel. We value each individual with pride, and we strive to provide excellent service. We hope to see you in the future, come and visit us when you come back to Houston, TX for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the very start, at the airport, our experience with Hilton Houston North was disappointing. The shuttle took so long to arrive, and when it did, the driver refused to let passengers on, saying he was supposed to only pick up crew. Even though we'd been waiting far longer than the crew. He radioed another driver who was on the way, and you could hear the other driver yelling. When the 2nd driver arrived, he began yelling at waiting passengers, too! Then at the first driver. The first driver then let us get on, after all, and was rude all the way to the hotel. At the hotel, the front desk staff were very rude, and inhospitable. I asked a man carrying a tray of food where the restaurant was, and he yelled at me that the restaurant was closed. When I explained that I had pre-ordered food, and again asked where the restaurant was, he yelled louder that the restaurant was closed. I went into the bar, and the kind bartender who had taken the order explained that the food would be right out. As Hilton Honors members, we tried to get a late check-out, and again, were treated very poorly by the front desk staff, both at night and again in the morning. At this point, we decided not to spend another penny in this negative space, and headed back to the airport. I'm not sure what's happened to the Hilton brand, but this particular location was a terrible experience. Treating stranded airline customers as if we are an inconvenience is just rude. You should be grateful that the airlines are pointing guests in your direction to fill those rooms, instead of being nasty to people already inconvenienced by delays due to weather. As well, this location is run-down, dirty and the housekeeping staff were hollering loudly to each other down the halls at 830 am, despite many DO NOT DISTURB signs on the doors. Such an unfortunately bad experience, which all could have been prevented with customer service expertise, kindness and compassion. Cannot recommend - will avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dawn R.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel team. Your feedback is our best tool to succeed. As we strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. I can assure you that I will share your comments with the appropriate team members. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Houston.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice hotel for the money. The hotel had a great open Atrium. The room was clean and quiet. I went to the Restaurant/Bar both nights. The menu could be upgraded. There just isn't enough choices to eat. The burger I ate was good. The parking lot had security which was great. Outside of property neighborhood looked a little rough but that was outside the property. No blame to property. I would stay there again, Also had a Starbucks. The staff treated me absolutely first rate. A lot of smiles on staff everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lidia T, Manager at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Oscar-

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback towards our Hotel. We value each individual with pride, and we strive to provide excellent service. We hope to see you in the future, come and visit us when you come back to Houston!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights recently at Hilton Houston North on a work trip and here are my views on that stay.

General
The hotel is 20 minutes away from the airport in the Greenspoint Business Centre and about 45 minutes to the Texas Medical Centre and Houston City at non-peak traffic times. The area is not “the right side” of town now but supposedly a humming place in the heydays of the oil and gas industry.

The Hilton is in the middle of nowhere but is set up for conventions and facilities for conferences are good. I was attending workshops at the Greenspoint Centre so this was a convenient place for attendees.

Rooms
Mine was on the 14th floor with a view of the surrounding cityscape. Arrived to find an expansive comfortable room although the furnishing looked dated and tired. The king bed though provided comfortable sleeps! The room was comfortable although looking tired.

Restaurants
I found the restaurants a bit mixed. Breakfast is served at The Cafe. There was a good selection for a continental breakfast with fresh fruit but the cooked selection left much to be desired, especially the scrambled eggs which I recommend avoiding. The Cafe closes about 3pm when Vino Bar opens. It is the only place for dinner within the hotel. The menu is reasonable extensive and prices are commensurate with the food quality and portions.

There is a Starbucks in the middle of the hotel where some decent coffee can be found. Service is friendly and chatty so don’t go if you are really in a hurry.

Minuses
This is not the greatest part of town. Even locals advised that it was better to stay in and eat at the hotel restaurants in the evenings, especially is travelling alone.

Pluses
Wifi is free if a Hilton Honours member and connection is good throughout the hotel. The only hassle being having to keep logging in daily.

There is a complementary shuttle between the hotel and airport leaving every 30mins. Check the timetable at concierge.

Looking for somewhere else to eat? There are some restaurants and cafes around the hotel precinct. Head towards the conference centre and keep walking around the perimeter. I found the Lone Star Donut and Frozen Yoghurt Shop which is also a bakery. Their kolaches (Hungarian baked and filled buns) are yummy and a great alternative to the hotel breakfast. Further on is Icibon, a Japanese restaurant with both a la carte and teppanyaki options, open for lunch and dinner.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lidia T, Admin at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Xmas Kid,

We'd like to Thank You for taking your time to give your feedback.
I have advised the proper management for the difficult situations that you faced in our hotel.
We do provide a complimentary shuttle that goes within 3 miles of our hotel, that can be of use!
Our Front Desk does have a list of restaurants that are within reach with our shuttle, so no need to walk!

We hope you consider our hotel for your future choices!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The staff is very helpful and does everything to make sure your stay is comfortable. They work hard to resolve any problems. The location of the hotel is not the best but we felt very safe inside the hotel and the value and quality of the hotel made up for the location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Lidia T, Manager at Hilton Houston North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bryanpartyof5,

We'd like to Thank You for taking your time to give us feedback,
Here do everything we can to make sure our guests feel at home!
We hope we achieved that for you, We hope to see you again!

Best Regards,