See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was looking for a cheap hotel while visiting family, so I chose to stay here. The hotel was very run down, especially from the outside. The rooms were remodeled inside and were actual quite nice. Our room was very clean and I have no complaints about that or the service from the staff. However, the outside of the building was very run down and was very sketchy. I would recommend staying elsewhere if possible. I do not think I will be returning unless I am hard pressed to find another cheap hotel in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is an older facility that has rooms that have been "redesigned". The location is very good and accessible to the interstate. The room we stayed in was the "Modern" King size bed room. Although it was very clean and nicely decorated, the furnishing was so sparse as to be useless. Only two places in the bathroom to hang anything other that the towel racks. No icebox, microwave, dresser or seating. The hardwood floors looked nice but provided excellent echoes as my dog paced back and forth throughout the night. The desjkclerk was abrupt and impersonal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is an affordable motel which was a bit cleaner and not as run downed the last time I stayed (16 months ago). It is a no-frills accommodation with minimal on-site facilities. It does have WiFi which is functional most of the time. Rooms are small and relatively clean depending on the room assignment. It is surrounded with numerous off-site dining options located within walking distance. Easy on and off I-10 accessibility. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and polite. This is the last time I will be staying there.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is an old motel that has been refurbished with Motel 6's new modern look. Cool looking but still a Motel 6. I was on a tight budget so I thought I would try it after looking at the photos on the Motel 6 website. Should have come here to TripAdvisor first! No bed bugs visible but there were fleas in the bed. After the 3rd one showed up we requested another room, which the night clerk promptly provided. Unfortunately this room was an end room on the side of the building that faced I-10 and Hwy 6. This room had also had been refurbished, but had water damage and the vinyl plank flooring was coming up in the room and the vinyl floor in the bathroom had black stains as if mold was growing underneath. Mentioned the flea problem upon checking out and did get an apology.

I guess I'll think twice before booking another room at an establishment that boasts about being pet friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is at the junction of I-10 and State Highway 6 so expect a bit of traffic noise. I picked it because it was a good price for this location and I thought it was value for money. My room had been refurbished though it was showing some small signs of wear and tear. The bed was very firm and I thought it was really comfortable. Everything looked and smelt clean. There was a TV on the wall but I didn’t try it. There was an extra charge of $2.99 a day for wifi. It worked ok for email and a bit of browsing but I didn’t get the impression it would be up to streaming video though that might depend of how close you are to reception (I wasn’t). The people on reception were very pleasant. When I checked in I had been allocated a room on the second floor. I asked if there was anything available on the ground floor and I was switched without any difficulty. I thought this was a good value place to stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo