“Worst. Hotel. Experience. Ever.”
Review of Days Inn Houston

Days Inn Houston
Ranked #326 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Don't EVER stay at this hotel. I had a flight cancelled and had to make a last minute reservation. Something was going on in Houston and almost every hotel was booked up. I ended up making a rewards reservation here late at night as I was driving around in my rental car.

When I pulled up the location was scary and looked worse than your average Days Inn. The hotel clerk was talking on her phone in the car in the driveway and I had to go and knock on the window to get her to come in to assist me.

I booked a non-smoking room and of course the clerk tells me that the only room available was a smoking room. I told her this was not what I booked but she insisted every other room was taken. We went to take a look at the room and we she opened the door and turned on the lights a roach ran up the wall. (If you read the other Yelp review on this hotel it seems as if this is a common occurrence...)

The room wasn't just a "smoking" room, it smelled as if there were 1,000 dirty ashtrays in the room.

I told her that I would not be staying at this hotel and not to check me in.

I called Wyndham Rewards to tell them that I would not be staying at the hotel and to find another property but of course they were closed and only had reservations available. We found a Super 8 (another Wyndham Rewards member) around the corner and booked a room at full price. That hotel was horrific as well but that's another story...

When I spoke with Wyndham Rewards customer service the next day, they were very professional and apologetic. They even ended up sending me a $60 voucher for my troubles. However, we still had to deal with getting my rewards points back from the disgusting Days Inn where I did not stay. Apparently they have to get permission from the hotel to return the points..... Guess what this sleazy hotel is refusing to do?!? You guessed it.

Wyndham Rewards is being very helpful again and they have promised that they will resolve this issue and return the points back to my account.

DON'T EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. If you do, find a room without roaches.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
daysinnhoustontx, Webmaster at Days Inn Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that we fell short of your expectations. So many other guests are 100 percent satisfied, and complete satisfaction is our goal. Since your stay, we’ve remodeled the hotel, improved our staffing and made many other changes. We sincerely hope you’ll give us another chance and see how we’re better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Houston

Reviewed 2 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Clean, quiet, and all the stuffs needed for a business visit...Plus breakfast included with starbucks coffee...
The staff is excellent...And a good deal for the price...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business