All reviewsrice universitymedical centerhalf bathmed centermedical facilitiesshuttle serviceroom serviceliving roomparking garagewet barhilton houstonrestaurant staffmetro railcomplimentary shuttlemuseum districtking suitebreakfast buffet
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel the night before she went for a kidney transplant at the St Luke’s Hospital. We flew in to Houston and checked in with no fuss and had a stress free night in a wonderful room. We woke up early and walked to the hospital for what turned into a very long day.

My plan was to go check out mid morning when she was in surgery but ended up not getting back till well after checkout time. I called at noon and explained our situation and the front desk clerk was very gracious and understanding. She said I could come get our stuff when I was able.

I can’t express how appreciative I am for the compassionate staff you have. This made our stay amazing. I will be a loyal Hilton patron for life.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Jay G, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Donald N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center. It's always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I'm happy that you were pleased with your room and the high quality of service that you received during your stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

we stayed here for the Houston Boat show, we stayed for 10 days, ate dinner nightly and used valet service. The first night there were a few issues with the room, the front desk clerk in the morning handled everything perfectly and there was no problems the remaining of the trip. Nice that the rooms are very large. Would be nice to have a mircrowave for these types of rooms, but doable.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I've stayed here a few times for work. The self parking is $15/day and in a garage next to the hotel. While I was here 06-08Feb2018 the exercise room and pool is still in renovations, as they were in January also. They do offer a shuttle to 24 hour fitness and I plan to get a pass there tomorrow. There is no concierge level/room for Diamond members also. At least some of the rooms have been renovated and mine have always been spacious. The bar off the lobby could use an update as could the restaurant. I'd like to see a concierge room and for the gym to be back in order. *The sheets have been clean on my stays! :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kcfam16
Jay G, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear kcfam16,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm happy that you like the renovated guest rooms, as well as the cleanliness of your room. In regards to the renovations, the fitness center is currently scheduled to reopen at the end of February and the bar & restaurant are currently scheduled to be renovated in the late Spring / early Summer. I appreciate your patience and understand that we are making improvements, which will ultimately make the hotel even better.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Dirty, noisy, and crazy expensive for the quality...Is under renovation, but nobody tells you until you are there.
Staff is correct but never go for the extra mille. Location is good if you go for hospitals.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank rafaelaY5975PI
Jay G, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear rafaelaY5975PI,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues that you experienced due to the hotel's renovations. It is our goal that every guest is completely satisfied and it's apparent that we fell short of our goal during your visit. It is my hope that you will stay with us once again, should your travels bring you back to Houston.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This hotel has construction going on, on the same floors that have rooms given out to customers like us. Even the room next to ours was being worked on. They give you a sheet of paper saying that there will be construction from 9 AM on weekdays and 11 AM on Saturday, when in fact, the construction starts at 7:30 AM on weekdays and 9 AM on weekends! Apart from not informing us in advance of the construction, we were lied to about the schedule.

The room was covered in dust and construction debris. The surfaces were covered with dust. Leaving a box on the table and removing it a bit later revealed how much new dust was coming in. If you really have to construct, at least make sure a few rooms on either side are not rented out.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hari S,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.