All reviewssouthwest freewayfront desk staffrecommend this hotelinnshousekeepingcarpet
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I booked a room at this Holiday Inn through Expedia.com hours before arriving at the hotel late one Saturday night. Upon arrival at the hotel, I noticed the male attendant arguing with another patron; never a good sign. Thereafter, he got into an argument with the patron immediately in front of me as well. Once again, never a good sign.

When it came my turn to check-in, I advised the male attendant of my Expedia.com booking. The male attendant advised me that my reservation was not in the system, however, I could rebook the reservation IF I paid the hotel in cash only.

Flabbergasted, I promptly contacted Expedia.com to determine what was going on. Expedia.com's customer representative advised me that my credit card was charged by Expedia.com. After subtracting their portion of the reservation fee, the remaining balance was forwarded to the hotel. As a result, Expedia.com showed a room booked under my name on their system and in Holiday Inn's system. I advised the male attendant of this and asked him if he was being honest with me about the lack of a reservation in the system. Thereafter, the male attendant became belligerent and accused me of accusing him of lying. He then advised me that he could refuse my service as the owner of the business. He once again told me that the reservation was not in the system, but could be booked with him in cash only.

BUYER BEWARE! Although I have no evidence of this, I assume that this hotel likes to make extra money through the shady underhanded practices I described herein.

Furthermore, as a word of advice to the management of this establishment, you should train your staff to treat your customers with decency and respect, or in the alternative, fire such staff members that are belligerent with customers. As customers, we have the ability to choose where we spend our money. If you do not treat your customers with curtesy and respect, there are numerous hotels in the surrounding area that will gladly take the business. Inevitably this will either hurt your bottom line or cause you to go out of business. Something I assume management would not want.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kareem R
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Mr Kareem,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.
Your reservation was just created prior to your arrival therefore the front desk was unable to find your name when you check-in. To expedite the process, front desk offered to have you booked at the hotel and pay the hotel directly, but it doesn't necessarily means to pay by cash only. The hotel policy requires a debit or a credit card at check-in, we don't collect cash at check-in because we have to hold an incidental deposit as well, so it is very unlikely for us to offer cash payment only. It is stated on the registration card we asked you to sign at check-in.
We certainly appreciate the suggestion and comments of all our guests and spoke with the staff involved for coaching as he could have explained and handled the situation better.
Again, our sincere apology for the inconveniences and please know that we would want you to stay with us again to let you know that this is an exception.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

...so when you come in from the heat you expect your room to be nice and cool. Our room did not get cool. I was sweating in my sleep and I'm cold natured. Our room was on the 3rd floor and our travel companion was on the first floor. She said her room was freezing. So, I guess it depends on where you are. Also, our showers water pressure was very low.

The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. Staff at the front desk were very nice and offered us water when they learned of how far we'd traveled. It was most appreciated. The hotel is in great proximity of the interstate, all types of restaurants, and shopping.

Room Tip: No free breakfast. No refrigerator in room. No microwave in room. Hotel is also very busy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Ms. EvetteD,

We appreciate your compliments about the staff and the hotel in general.
We apologize for the inconveniences about the air conditioning in your room.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention so no other guest will be affected.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Decent clean room for the price, right off the SouthWest Freeway which can be good or bad. There's highway noise so ask for a rear facing room and it's relatively quiet. I was disappointed that breakfast was not included, thought all Holiday Inns had free breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for a rear or inside room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Arthur,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn HOUSTON SW - SUGAR LAND AREA.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations about the breakfast. At Holiday Inn, we give you the flexibility option to include the breakfast on your rate. Our sister hotel Holiday Inn Express has the breakfast inclusive by default.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

It was my second time at this hotel in 2 months. The hotel property is good. The safety, security, ambiance is good. Rooms are nice and clean. The surrounding areas are safe and the parking lot always has an on duty security guard at night.

The hotel staff is courteous and polite. However, the same can't be said about the restaurant staff. The hotel needs to work on their communication of breakfast policies to guests. We paid for 3 nights and could only get breakfast once. While I believe the hotel staff were apologetic about it, but I believe they've leased out the restaurant to a third party and thus couldn't intervene much (that's what the on duty front desk staff told us).

I would certainly stay again and recommend this hotel minus the breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid adding Breakfast to your reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Nizar B,

Thank you for your candid feedback.
We appreciate your comments and rest assured that we will use it to coach our staff at the restaurant. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We were there for US cricket team trials, they look after us very well, I must recommend this hotel yourself and group, nice breakfast and well versed staff. Location is next to major highway, restaurants are nearby.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MUJTABA1967
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Mujtaba1967,

We are delighted to here your compliments and glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward on having your team again soon!

Guest Services