All reviews southwest freeway front desk staff recommend this hotel inns housekeeping
Reviewed 22 May 2017

It was my second time at this hotel in 2 months. The hotel property is good. The safety, security, ambiance is good. Rooms are nice and clean. The surrounding areas are safe and the parking lot always has an on duty security guard at night.

The hotel staff is courteous and polite. However, the same can't be said about the restaurant staff. The hotel needs to work on their communication of breakfast policies to guests. We paid for 3 nights and could only get breakfast once. While I believe the hotel staff were apologetic about it, but I believe they've leased out the restaurant to a third party and thus couldn't intervene much (that's what the on duty front desk staff told us).

I would certainly stay again and recommend this hotel minus the breakfast.

Room tip: Avoid adding Breakfast to your reservation.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Nizar B,

Thank you for your candid feedback.
We appreciate your comments and rest assured that we will use it to coach our staff at the restaurant. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We were there for US cricket team trials, they look after us very well, I must recommend this hotel yourself and group, nice breakfast and well versed staff. Location is next to major highway, restaurants are nearby.

Room tip: All rooms are good
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MUJTABA1967
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Mujtaba1967,

We are delighted to here your compliments and glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward on having your team again soon!

Guest Services

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Overall good hotel and location for our specifics needs!
Just a couple of issues , water pressure is a big problem, and entrance from highway service road not very practical or safe!
Beside theses , a few sign of wear and tear in bathroom and carpet , see pictures!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Florence A,

Thank you for the compliments and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are looking into these issues and definitely rectifying the issue.

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The price is the main reason we chose this specific Holiday Inn. We booked early (5 days, 4 nights) to save on breakfast. Every morning was an ordeal because the guy who checked us in did not give us vouchers for breakfast & that caused problems with the waitress. Selection was minimal & our orders were wrong 2 mornings. The parking lot needs repair & not all outside doors can be entered while others are not even locked. The lobby & check in are kept nicely. The rooms are small and are not updated. The indoor pool was freezing & the hot tub did not work. The hot tub was filthy. Their solution was to put yellow caution tape around it. The first full day, there was no housekeeping visit to our room & I had to call down for more towels. They are pretty stingy with those and we had to share more than once. The room keys did not always work. Also, there were zip ties found in the room... this seems odd to me.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank PartyOf2Vacationers
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Partyof2Vacationers,

Thank you for the candid feedback and the compliments about lobby. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter to our attention so we can rectify the issue and no other guests would be affected. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.

We hope you will visit us again so we can make it up to you.

Joelhey

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I had a prepaid reservation that was guaranteed and the earliest check was at 3:00 PM. I stopped by at 1:45 PM to take care of the paper work and see if I can check in early. I was told rooms will not be ready until 3:000 PM. I came back at 2:45 PM and told rooms were still not ready. I asked to use the restroom around the corner and was gone a minute and when I return, I see the black front desk agent checking in a black man before 3:00 PM. Obvious I was discriminated and lied too. After the black man checked in, the front desk agent left avoiding checking me in as he saw I took a photo of him discriminating against me. The guest services manager uses this website as a sounding board with baseless facts and an unprofessional weak excuse saying the other person would pre-block their reservation the night before. Ignore any response as this hotel are embarrassed and angry they were busted.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Iadvisetravelers
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear lighthousephotog,

We apologize for the inconveniences of not able to accommodate your request of early check-in due to the fact that hotel was full. We don't tolerate discrimination and we only base things according to the facts we have on hand.

We welcome all comments and thank you for your feedback.