All reviews southwest freeway front desk staff recommend this hotel inns housekeeping carpet
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Overall good hotel and location for our specifics needs!
Just a couple of issues , water pressure is a big problem, and entrance from highway service road not very practical or safe!
Beside theses , a few sign of wear and tear in bathroom and carpet , see pictures!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Florence A,

Thank you for the compliments and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are looking into these issues and definitely rectifying the issue.

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The price is the main reason we chose this specific Holiday Inn. We booked early (5 days, 4 nights) to save on breakfast. Every morning was an ordeal because the guy who checked us in did not give us vouchers for breakfast & that caused problems with the waitress. Selection was minimal & our orders were wrong 2 mornings. The parking lot needs repair & not all outside doors can be entered while others are not even locked. The lobby & check in are kept nicely. The rooms are small and are not updated. The indoor pool was freezing & the hot tub did not work. The hot tub was filthy. Their solution was to put yellow caution tape around it. The first full day, there was no housekeeping visit to our room & I had to call down for more towels. They are pretty stingy with those and we had to share more than once. The room keys did not always work. Also, there were zip ties found in the room... this seems odd to me.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank PartyOf2Vacationers
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Partyof2Vacationers,

Thank you for the candid feedback and the compliments about lobby. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter to our attention so we can rectify the issue and no other guests would be affected. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.

We hope you will visit us again so we can make it up to you.

Joelhey

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I had a prepaid reservation that was guaranteed and the earliest check was at 3:00 PM. I stopped by at 1:45 PM to take care of the paper work and see if I can check in early. I was told rooms will not be ready until 3:000 PM. I came back at 2:45 PM and told rooms were still not ready. I asked to use the restroom around the corner and was gone a minute and when I return, I see the black front desk agent checking in a black man before 3:00 PM. Obvious I was discriminated and lied too. After the black man checked in, the front desk agent left avoiding checking me in as he saw I took a photo of him discriminating against me. The guest services manager uses this website as a sounding board with baseless facts and an unprofessional weak excuse saying the other person would pre-block their reservation the night before. Ignore any response as this hotel are embarrassed and angry they were busted.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Iadvisetravelers
Joelhey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear lighthousephotog,

We apologize for the inconveniences of not able to accommodate your request of early check-in due to the fact that hotel was full. We don't tolerate discrimination and we only base things according to the facts we have on hand.

We welcome all comments and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

If you want roaches, no hot water to take showers with and managers that don't care this is the place. They apologized for not calling me back and said we will block off the room Monday to fumigate but you have to stay in the room till Monday this is the place for you. Complete dirt hole with new owners. They don't have hot water,bugs no customer service. Roaches crawling all over and they laughed. Spend $10 more and go some where else. Ice machines don't work, hookers everywhere and cars getting broken into because they didn't want to pay for security on week days. Complete dump! Save your money and go so where else. I spend 30 weeks a year on business in hotels. This is a 1.5 star at best.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank matthew c
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Matthew C,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter to our attention and these concerns will be looked in to.

Please contact me when you are back in the area so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

My boys and I came to Houston to visit family and booked a room thru trip advisor. The room i booked was a double queen seeing as there were 4 of us in my group. When we got there the front desk lady said there weren't any double queen beds left and would a king be ok? Absolutely not seeing ad there were 4 of us. She quickly found us a double queen room. After we got settled into our room we went downstairs to the bar and grill for dinner. The lady that works behind the bar was extremely rude. When my boys and I went to sit at the bar to order our food to go the lady quickly said I couldn't sit at the bar with my kids. Last time I checked it was ok as long as I was there with them. Later that night after we went to sleep the fire alarms went off because of someone smoking in their room. Needless to say we all woke up because of the fire alarms. The next morning we went down for breakfast and the kitchen staff seemed to be overwhelmed from trying to keep up with the demand of the food. The bacon wasn't cooked. My son ate some not realizing that it was way under cooked. Because of that he was very sick the majority of the day and most of the night. That night around 1 in the morning the fire alarms went off yet again. It stayed on for at least 20 minutes and again it was from someone smoking in their room. Now i have stayed in a lot of hotels and i know there is a system that can detect cigarette smoking without setting the entire fire alarm off! The last morning we were there we came down to breakfast and yet again the kitchen staff were flustered with trying to keep up with the demand. For what they were serving i don't agree with paying 10 dollars for the breakfast. I could see paying maybe 5 dollars. 10 was way too much.
Now for the good. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were pretty comfortable. The indoor pool was clean and the gym served it's purpose. Would i stay here again? Probably not.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Laura M,

We certainly hope that you would visit us again soon so we can make it up to you.

Simcerely,