“Awesome service and property” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #60 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome service and property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at this property on Saturday nights from August 2011 to April 2012 while I was working an interim position. I flew in from Dallas most everyu weekend of the month ( not all but close to it).
The rooms are great from standard rooms to the large suites. Most of all David at the front desk is just the best at customer service... When I walked in he knew me by name and had my check- in ready each time. I felt at home. When in Houston this property in the Upper Kirby/ River Oaks area is the place to stay.

Stayed April 2012
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Hello Wayne D,
Thank you for sharing your story! I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel & services for the past 4 months. I will let David know that he was acknowledged in your review & that you had such kind words to say about him. I know that there are many other hotel options so we really appreciate that you chose the Crowne Plaza & we look forward to your return! Have a wonderful day!
Debbie Hollier
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We have relied on Crowne Plaza River Oaks for many guest visiting from from out of town. Not only are the rates fair, but the service is outstanding. Dimples Boettcher works with our group regularly and goes above and beyond with her team to ensure that our lodging requests are accommodated.

I can attest that the rooms are fabulous, dining is wonderful and the decor is warm and welcoming. Several individuals from my company have had formal meetings, lunch, dinner or breakfast meetings here with no complaint. The location is most convenient, as it is in proximity of the Medical Center, the freeway, Rice University and more. Also, Crowne Plaza River Oaks has a very dependable shuttle service that many of us have used used time and time again.

This is a great place for lodging. I recommend this location regularly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Hello expeditionconsultant,
Wow! Your review made my day! Thank you for acknowledging Dimples hard work and the rest of the staff. I loved reading your gracious comments about our location, hotel & services. I am happy to hear that you left completely satisfied & that you will be returning! Have a great day!Take Care,
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Our Italian club has used your hotel for several events, Christmas party, Mother's Day luncheon, etc. Jeana Auger has been especially easy to work with and has given us such wonderful experiences. Also, I have personally worked with Dimples Boettcher in connection with Crowne Plaza River Oaks being the Host Hotel of our 34th Houston Italian Festival. This is the second year to have them as our Host Hotel and we are so pleased that our out-of-town guests have been treated with kid gloves. We expect to continue this association for many years to come.

Margie D

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Hello Margie D,
Thank you so much for recognizing my sales team! I loved reading your comments and I am thrilled that our team takes such great care of you. Our sales team takes great pride in their jobs. We really appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next event!
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Last fall, I was in charge of booking rooms for several college buddies getting together to see some Astros games. I found the reservation process easy, the rates wonderful, and the help confirming arrangements close to the check-in date was particularly helpful. Dimples and her staff took care of our every need. I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The bar was a great place for us all to catch up with each other. Should I have the opportunity to visit Houston again with a group, the Crown Plaza would be a top choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Hello Bob T,
Thank you for your comments & for making us your #1 hotel choice in Houston! I am happy to hear that not only did Dimples take great care of you but you enjoyed everything that the hotel has to offer. We appreciate your business & we hope that this season you will come back to visit. Go Astros!
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Dimples Boettcher was a life saver! She provided excellent service, given the limited amount of time to prepare. She assisted me in making arrangements for a major celebration with over 200 guests. The food was amazing, the setting was elegant and the wait staff very attentive. It all made for a wonderful experience leaving our guests more than satisfied.

Kathy E.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hello Kathy e,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! I am happy to hear that the entire staff was able to work together to make sure you had a flawless event! Dimples has many years of experience and always does a great job with her attention to detail. The Banquet staff we have here is top notch and we look forward to taking care of your group again!