Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 98
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
HolidayInn.com
US$ 100
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$ 90
Expedia.comUS$ 100
Hotels.comUS$ 100
travelup.comUS$ 109
All reviews hobby airport close to the airport an early morning flight an older hotel stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2021

When I first thought about posting this review, I thought about starting it by saying it's unfortunate that a respectable business's reputation can come down to one bad attitude employee; but after reading other reviews, I realized that the management tolerates the horrible customer service and would rather spend their time responding to negative reviews than attacking the issue.
I stayed at this hotel on the night of April 10,2021 and from the get go I felt unwelcome by the lady at the evening front desk. She didn't make eye contact, you could barely hear her voice, didn't provide adequate information and makes you feel like you're staying there for free. After going through the motions of checking us in, she sent us on our way to a room she hadn't activated the keys to.
I went downstairs, waited in line and got the keys activated and went back upstairs to find that the room had only one bed and we had previously requested 2 separate beds.
With the kind of attitude she had, I dreaded going back to her but I still did, stood in line again and requested a room change. She did it quickly and this time, she put us in a room that wreaked with a nasty stench of cigarette smoke and mold.
At this point, we just surrendered for the night. We still found this smell in our clothes and luggage a couple days later.
And to top things over, when I checked my credit card statement a few days later, I found that I was charged twice even though we stayed in one room.
A couple we encountered on the elevator were complaining about how she illegibly scribbled the wi-fi password on a card and only offered it after they'd asked for it, something that she didn't even bother to mention to us.
It's sad that a hotel is run like this and more so when nothing is done about it.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Houston-Hobby Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Hi RikuOShay,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to learn that your experience was unsatisfactory because of the conduct and service from our reception staff. I've also read your concerns with billing and cleanliness problems in the room. We always aim to provide the best comfort and service to all but fell short here. I have sent you a private message to get more details to assist you further.

We're looking forward to your prompt response.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 21 February 2021

I booked a room with this Holiday Inn location on Monday, February 15, 2021 through hotels.com. At that time, I was charged for the room. When I arrived at the hotel a few hours later, the doors were inoperable and a note on the door said “Power out, not taking new guests”. We then learned that over half of Houston had lost power. After another three hours searching for a hotel on ice-covered roads, we ended up staying with a distant acquaintance to keep our children safe from the freezing temperatures.
We tried calling the hotel several times each day for the next few days, they finally answered on Friday February 19th (we were told the power was out for several days). After spending days trying to contact hotels.com and the Houston/Hobby Holiday Inn, we were finally able to get in touch with the manager of the hotel on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The manager stated that she will not refund our money that we paid for the hotel “because it is not their fault that the power went out, and we need to contact the third party to issue a complaint”. Hotels.com has also claimed that it is the responsibility of the hotel to refund us, and there is “nothing they can do”. Bottom line, this property does not do the right thing.

Date of stay: February 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Houston-Hobby Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2021

Hi chicagobearfan,

Thanks for you for bringing this to our attention. We aim that our guests are comfortable and would have a lasting impression of the brand, and I am sorry we missed the mark on the level of customer service you received. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, have also sent you a private message to obtain additional information.

I look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed 1 January 2021

Came and stayed at this property recently and had an enjoyable stay. Great staff and really comfortable. Considering I had a hectic airport schedule, they really took good care of me. Highly recommend. Also strict guidelines for COVID.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank ontheroad2300
Reviewed 14 July 2020

I stayed for one night after doing business nearby. I booked at the last minute at IHG.com, and had no problem checking in. They followed my preference room (high floor, away from elevator). The building is obviously not new, but they clearly had a renovation done recently. The room with a king bed is a good size room, with a small refrigerator and flat screen TV. The bathroom is on the small size but it works fine. Water pressure is good and clean. The bed is comfortable.

Due to COVID-19, the restaurant on the first floor is close, so no breakfast or anything. Also, the fitness room is close. (Note: this is a mid-July 2020 stay) The airport shuttle still runs and had good experiences with that service.

The check-out was quick and easy. Overall a good stay. No major issues I encounter. Just note the COVID-19 closure of restaurant and fitness room.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank CXGTraveller
Reviewed 28 January 2020

We had reservations for 2 rooms the week of Jan 27, 2020. All the expenses were covered thru our company hotel corporate account so our guests just needed to be checked in and given their room keys. The front desk lady was horrible!! She had an attitude right from the being. She couldn’t locate their paperwork and told them to get our hotel corporate office to call her before they would be checked in. This is after 5 pm. My guests then called me as I am the owner of the company. I spoke with her on the phone explaining our account and everything was covered. She said she didn’t care. She then started ignoring my guests and walking away from them while they were at the counter. She was very rude and made comments under her breath saying she wasn’t going to deal with us. I was on the phone during the whole process. I then called our hotel corporate account and they called the front desk to find out what the issue was. She gave them the same attitude!! After my guests stood in the lobby for almost 1 hour, I told them to leave and I found them rooms at another hotel chain. By the way, ALL the paperwork was found after the manager was brought in. The manager never apologized or responded to me when I complained about this employee on the phone. Why are people like this working with the public??? Especially with a reputable chain like Holiday Inn. I’m shocked she is working there.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston-Hobby Airport, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Hello kathysW571WX,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconvenience. We look forward to hosting your stay, unfortunately, your most recent experience with our front desk has left a bad impression, for this I apologize. We appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention as this has caught the attention of the ownership of the hotel and they have been alerted of your concerns and are working diligently to ensure that we do not allow our guests to experience this again. We are determined to deliver a combined sense of comfort and happiness.

At the end of the day, it is the smile that we see in our guests and the joy that you share of your stay that we always look forward to. This is what we want you and our guests to experience when you come visit us. I hope you will give us another chance to show you that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.

Hector P