“Friendly and helpful staff is the highlight of this hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #88 of 508 Hotels in Houston
florida
“Friendly and helpful staff is the highlight of this hotel”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Location is not great for restaurants and attractions, but they offer a nice shuttle. Front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly. And helpful. Rooms are ok but I was on the Hh floor and surprised by how much noise traveled between rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Downtown for your stay while visiting Houston! We appreciate your feedback and I hope we are the top of your list when you return to Houston!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hotel staff was very friendly upon registration and we were up in our room WITH the delicious cookies they offer at checkin within minutes. Our room was very nice, huge bathroom for a change. The bath tub was unusually big so I quickly set up a bubble bath to relax after being on my feet all day. Wonderful. I LOVE the Evelyn and Crabtree soaps/shampoo/cond that they offer so much that I am searching out a store to purchase some. I was so tired and my bed was so comfortable I barely was up to check out timely! Nice. Quiet. Comfortable. A real winner in my book!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Downtown! Please keep us in mind on your return visit to Houston.
Kemah, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I was there for an all-day meeting yesterday. First off they wouldn't valet park my car because I wasn't there for photo fest even though I was there for a big meeting. It was a major rainy daybin Houston. So, I parked about 4 buildings away so I could use the walkways to get to the hotel. I get to the front and they tell me the meeting is canceled. I walk all the way back to my car only to have my office tell me it is not canceled. I go back to the front desk and they told me they made a mistake. The rest of the day went ok but needless to say I won't be scheduling anymore meetings there. FYI tripadvisor made me rate the rooms and value. I didn't stay in the room so I gave it a good rating to be fair.

• Stayed March 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel is located on the outer edge of downtown close to Allen Parkway and I45. It isnt very close to the downtown nightlife, Minute Maid Park, or the Toyota Center. The rooms are a good size but the carpet and foyer entry needed updating. On a postive note, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were staying here for the Houston Rodeo, and we did receive a good price, but other amenities did add up in cost. No free internet and parking is $25 a day.. At least provide free internet, their's lots of competition.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Vermont, USA
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is a nice hotel in the Hilton family; great downtown location for walking to theaters and public transportation. The area is pretty quiet on weekends. Premium rooms are huge and overlook skyline views. Staff were friendly and efficient, room was clean every day, bed and linens were very comfortable. Only valet parking is available; $25/night; service is somewhat erratic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple