All reviews indoor outdoor pool m club business trip breakfast buffet easy access front desk staff lobby area business center fitness center self parking atrium lounge convention beltway renovation laundry starbucks
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

This is a nice and clean hotel. Stayed here for two nights. The staff was nice, great and approachable. Beds were comfortable. I got some really good sleep. This a a much stay at hotel you will love it!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review of the Houston Marriott Westchase. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel, including our friendly and accommodating staff and comfortable beds. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I have to admit, I haven't been in this hotel since it was the Adam's Mark hotel. I was genuinely looking forward to my 2 day stay here, and was pleased for the most part.

Stayed for 2 days in room 874, but there are a few things that I feel need addressing. A couple of things distracted from what could have had been a perfect experience.

The first issue was that I got an email from Marriott telling me I could upgrade to a suite for $34 more a night, but never got the chance to respond to it. When I was checking in, I asked the gentleman at the front desk about it, and he said it was $100 a night more. I told him that was more than what I'd be charged booking on the website, and besides, the email I got said I could for $34 more a night. He went and asked his manager and got approval. So I was upgraded to a suite (although I think it was a Jr Suite considering the size and accommodations).

I had to wait a little over an hour for them to get the room ready - I arrived just before 4PM and housekeeping was apparently behind. The guy at the front desk wasn't exactly rude, but he wasn't friendly, either. The last Marriott I stayed at - Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport -- upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge when I asked about room upgrades.

Issue number two - I am a huge fan of the M Club at Marriott. I book exclusively with them for this very reason. I was let down by this hotels M Club because literally the only snacks they had were popcorn, granola bars, potato chips, and cracker jack. Normally they have evening Hors d'oeuvres and morning breakfast. I guess because it being a Sunday and a holiday on Monday, there was none of that. It still let me book an M Club room (at the M Club rates) even though there were missing a majority of the amenities that come with it. I sorta felt like I overpaid because of this.

Issue three -- The guest room was mostly clean except for two issues - urine splatter on the walls by the toilet and oh my god the carpet is so filthy. It needs to be steam cleaned so badly. There was clearly dried semen on the carpet by the bed.

The hotel is very nice to look at. The beds were clean and comfortable. The linens were high quality. There were ample outlets for all my devices including USB ports right by the bed to charge my phone.

The food in the restaurant wasn't bad, and typical hotel restaurant prices. Nothing bad to say here.

The internet was fairly fast and I had no issues with it -- including streaming netflix and youtube.

I've been spoiled by other Marriott hotels that have the LG TV's with the Apps (youtube, netflix, hulu, etc) built into them. These do not. They're older Lodgenet systems that don't let you change the input on the TV's to connect other devices. There is a way around it so I was able to connect my Roku to the TV for my visit - thankfully.

Like most hotels, they're trying to minimize cost by having those "green" thermostats. Thankfully they had this one programmed so I could set it at 65 for when I went to sleep. I like my room cold enough that penguins would feel comfortable.

All in all, I probably would have given this hotel 5/5 if the M Club had more selection, upgrading my room hadn't been such a hassle, and -- most importantly -- they clean the carpets.

I know they have some suites here with an in-room sauna. I intend to return to this hotel sometime in the near future and try to book one of those rooms. I hope to have a better review at that time.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback of your stay with us. We’re glad you enjoyed some aspects of your experience, but regret that we missed the mark in other aspects. It is my hope you will reach out to me directly so that we can discuss your concerns in a more personal manner than this forum allows. I look forward to speaking to you, as we wish to change your impression of us!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

As my office is around the corner, this hotel is in a perfect location. When you enter the hotel the lobby is impressive and the entrance is very inviting. A nice bar and resturant is to the right and check in to left. The front desk team are very professional and make the process of check in simple. On this trip I was upgraded to a suite, which was interesting. I entered the room to find a small kitchenette to left, nice living room and French doors to the bedroom. The bed was nice and bathroom very large. I stayed for a few nights and the accommodations were fine but room needs upgrading. I used the executive lounge and it was very nice but access control was not secure, so many people were present each time. Overall nice hotel and will be using next time I'm in town.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Keith, thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. It’s great to hear you felt at home in your guestroom, and that our staff made a positive impression on you. It was a pleasure to host you at the Houston Marriott Westchase and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

If I had to pick my favorites, on this trip, at the front desk, it would have to be Mario and Quyen. Both make me feel welcome and appreciated. Lola is new. Jennifer seemed distracted. I appreciate the M Lounge here. The renovated rooms. The pool and gym area. There is even big beautiful trees out there that you can park your car under if you'd like. The big boss is often seen...making sure expectations are being exceeded.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. I’m glad our staff made you feel welcomed and accommodated, and that you appreciated several aspects of your experience at our hotel. We loved having you as a guest at the Houston Marriott Westchase, and hope we may host you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Convenient stay in this hotel during my visit in Houston in May. Well located, good food and swimming pool both indoor and outdoor. Staff was really helping, good advises for both food and shopping. Classic hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. It’s great to hear you found our hotel convenient and that our staff was able to guide you in the direction of some of the top shopping and dining attractions in our area. We loved having you as a guest at the Houston Marriott Westchase, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!