“Worst Experience Ever”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I really wanted to like this place. I've read that they have excellent brunch, awesome Bloody Marys and a dog friendly patio. So I dragged the bf for a Sunday Funday adventure. As soon as I walked in I said "good atmosphere" and walked over to the bar. Worst experience ever, I literally waited over 15 minutes just to get 2 drinks. The bartenders didn't even acknowledge me, the Asian bartender didn't say one word to me. The other bartender chick was stocking up the bar on drinks and such, and once she was done (hence the over 15 minute wait) she took my order. Gave me my two drinks, didn't garnish them, I had to ask for olives and celery (WTF?). The gave me a feeling that they weren't interested in my business and they were pretentious, I didn't feel welcomed at all. Anyhow, on to the drink, ok Bloody, but not worth the $10 a piece, needless to say we left and went to Axelrad, we had a wonderful time there! I will not be going back to Beaver's

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This place is a really nice bbq place with some unique plates. I love, it is simple and confortable. The bar is well stocked and the tenders are knowledgeable. If you're around the Washington Ave. are it is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

You must try the fried panko eggs delicious! The turkey blt was wonderful. Large supply of beers and a huge menu. Very casual, hard to say whether breakfast menu or lunch is best, wonderful up vibe, great service, great Saturday treat, crowded at breakfast, just right a bit later.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I was surprised to see Ice House appended to Beaver's. It's not an ice house. The food is way too fancy. You ain't gettin' no BBQ tofu at an ice house. Guaranteed!

Service was good. Food was good. BBQ Tofu sauce was plain. Very plain. Excellent grapefruit chipirina. Decor was a step above Joe's Crabshack-bad. And it was expensive. I know the neighborhood is posh, but $12 and $14 drinks, along with $8.50 for mac and cheese is too much to pay.

This is Houston. A great restaurant town. This place is close but not quite there.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Friday night seems pretty busy with young adults. The bar in this place is front & center when you walk in. Seats are interesting, like wooden boxes. The menu was what attracted us, though. Venison burgers, large gyro, blueberry chicken, stuffed jalepenos, killer slaw (very sweet purple cabbage), etc. Loud, needs sound absorbers on walls/ceiling. Hard to hear each other across a table (even for young people). There is also a seating area outside.

Our server was awesome! Enthusiastic, on top of it, and very nice! He knelt down to tell me in my ear that they were out of blueberry chicken and offered me another choice. Our party of 6 had so many appetizers that I couldn't find room for my dinner. He came by to ask me if the food was ok. He was happy to hear that we were just full and immediately brought us foil leftover bowls with lids. Did a great job making me feel like I was getting special treatment and yet he did that for all 6 of us.

I'm glad we had a reservation! This place was very crowded on a Friday night.

My husband and father-in-law like dark, stout beers. They raved about the one called something like "Star?" Talked about it all the next day with my brother-in-law.

Ambiance is somewhat rustic. Outside especially. We waited for the members of our party to arrive and sat outside on wooden log seats. Inside seems mostly like a bar to me. Music is more popular than rustic. One lady that was just leaving was quite drunk and blabbering to the valets about how her taxi would be there in 2 seconds. Valets were super awesome about making sure her car was secure for the night and found her lighter in her front seat when she couldn't find it in her purse.

Pens sitting on the tables inside advertise DWI lawyers (wtf? how about advertising not to drink & drive!!)

The parking lot is tiny. Valet parking only. The bathrooms are the same. I'm a skinny girl and barely fit inside a stall.

So, the bar seems to be the highlight of this place. The food and service truly deserve more notice! How many places serve venison on their menu?