“Casual, relaxed and very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mezza Grille

Mezza Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 8,149 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 55
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 12 years after the debut of one of the best restaurants in Houston, Mezza Grille continues to push the envelope of flavors, innovation & style. Chef-owner Mike Tibi's vision for upscale new American cuisine, in a relaxed atmosphere, continues to be a destination for Houston's foodie community! One taste and you'll know why our guests say Mezza Grille serves the tastiest menu at one of the best restaurants in Houston. Our expansive menu is the perfect fusion of steakhouse favorites, and New American cuisine. The creative use of extra virgin olive oil and Mediterranean herbs and spices gives a unique flavor profile to our fire-grilled prime beef ribeye, all-natural chicken, and fresh seafood dishes. Combine them with our fresh, organic produce selection, and you get dishes so rich and savory it's easy to forget you're eating healthy! Make sure you save room for one of our delicious desserts! They're to die for! Our promise to you: fresh, clean, healthy, delicious meals made with lots of love, best & freshest ingredients available in the market with absolutely NO MSG's or any preservatives. Join us today for Lunch, Dinner or Happy Hour & experience an exquisite fusion of flavor!
Houston, Texas
“Casual, relaxed and very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have eaten at Mezza twice now, and both visits were great. I am not sure when this restaurant gets crowded, but both my visits were early evening weekday nights, and it was quiet and relaxed. The food is very good. I have had the shrimp tacos and the shish-ka-bob, and the flavors were excellent. Great service too, and easy-in, easy-out parking in a large strip mall. I will be coming back!

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank saxwhit
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

We are visiting from out of town and we found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. The restaurant is amazing - beautiful decor inside, wonderfully active and helpful staff, and the food is absolutely delicious. We ordered the Lemon Butter Chicken entree and the stuffed chicken entree. My wife and I were overcome with the favors from those dishes! I wish we lived closer so we could return regularly!

4 Thank dmathews14
florida
“Mango Stuffed Chicken-YUM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Prior to business trip to Houston,consulted tripadvisor for restaurant rankings... so I chose Cafe Mezza. Following other diners suggestions,I ordered Mango stuffed chicken. The portion was large, served with delicious scalloped potatoes,& grilled vegetables. Enough letovers for meal next night. We didn't eat until 9PM on a Mon,so place was virtually empty.The waitress was very attentive. We sat outside on patio. I would return if in Houston again

• Visited March 2012
Houston, Texas
“This is worth driving 45 minutes to!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Cafe Mezza is in a strip mall off Westheimer. We live in Kingwood so it is a bit of a drive, but well worth it when you are craving some good middle eastern food!
They have a nice outside dining area that is surrounded by greenery which makes it cozy even though they are in a strip mall. We have been twice now and it doesn't disappoint. Start with the 3 or 6 appetizer assortment. The baba ganoush (sp?) and red pepper spreads are my favorite. Also hummus and tabouli - YUM! Followed by the mixed grill kabobs. They are served with a really nice seasoned rice and grilled veggies. They also serve an assortment of mediterranean dishes which we haven't tried yet.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Cynthia K
Houston
“Delicious food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We like to try different restaurants, so I looked on trip advisor, saw the great reviews on Cafe Mezza and decided to check it out. We thought everything we ordered was great, and the service was wonderful. I had the blackened tilapia which was topped with mango salsa and served with sauteed spinach, 2 big spears of asparagus and scalloped potatoes. I would return just for the potatoes. My husband had filet mignon with saffron basmati rice and grilled vegetables. The meat was served as chunks of filet and grilled perfectly. For dessert we had the white chocolate bread pudding. The servings were generous, but we couldn't resist our waiters suggestion for the bread pudding. My husband said the bread pudding should be declared illegal because it so rich and delicious. What a great find and if you try it, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to return, and I'm already thinking what I will try next!

Visited March 2012