“Delicious food with great service”
Review of Mezza Grille

Mezza Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezza Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 55
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 12 years after the debut of one of the best restaurants in Houston, Mezza Grille continues to push the envelope of flavors, innovation & style. Chef-owner Mike Tibi's vision for upscale new American cuisine, in a relaxed atmosphere, continues to be a destination for Houston's foodie community! One taste and you'll know why our guests say Mezza Grille serves the tastiest menu at one of the best restaurants in Houston. Our expansive menu is the perfect fusion of steakhouse favorites, and New American cuisine. The creative use of extra virgin olive oil and Mediterranean herbs and spices gives a unique flavor profile to our fire-grilled prime beef ribeye, all-natural chicken, and fresh seafood dishes. Combine them with our fresh, organic produce selection, and you get dishes so rich and savory it's easy to forget you're eating healthy! Make sure you save room for one of our delicious desserts! They're to die for! Our promise to you: fresh, clean, healthy, delicious meals made with lots of love, best & freshest ingredients available in the market with absolutely NO MSG's or any preservatives. Join us today for Lunch, Dinner or Happy Hour & experience an exquisite fusion of flavor!
Houston
“Delicious food with great service”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We like to try different restaurants, so I looked on trip advisor, saw the great reviews on Cafe Mezza and decided to check it out. We thought everything we ordered was great, and the service was wonderful. I had the blackened tilapia which was topped with mango salsa and served with sauteed spinach, 2 big spears of asparagus and scalloped potatoes. I would return just for the potatoes. My husband had filet mignon with saffron basmati rice and grilled vegetables. The meat was served as chunks of filet and grilled perfectly. For dessert we had the white chocolate bread pudding. The servings were generous, but we couldn't resist our waiters suggestion for the bread pudding. My husband said the bread pudding should be declared illegal because it so rich and delicious. What a great find and if you try it, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to return, and I'm already thinking what I will try next!

Visited March 2012
4 Thank tctravelgirl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Sugar Land, Texas
“In one word: WOW!!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

All the reviews are on point for this great charm in the Galleria area of Houston. Before deciding to eat here little did I realize this place is just a mile from my office. My wife and I had dinner here Saturday night before hitting the theater district and we are so glad we did. We started with a shared appetizer of Baba Gonoush which was a perfect start to our dining experience. For our meal I selected the Mixed Grill Platter as I couldn't decide which kabob I wanted. The mixed grill contains a skewer of Filet Mignon, Tawook, and Kufta. Each were cooked and seasoned perfectly and the combination of all flavors were just spot on. The skewers were accompanied by grilled vegetables and a saffron basmati rice which set the entire entree off. For as good as my meal was my wife's was through the roof incredible; she ordered the Mango Stuffed Chicken. She was at a loss for word for how good this dish was. I took several bites and it was by far the most succulent, flavorful chicken I have ever had. I can't describe how good her dinner was, but the mango butter sauce is the fuse to this dish of fireworks. It was so good in fact I went back for lunch today and ordered the Mango Stuffed Chicken. Just WOW!!! You have to try it, don't just take my word for it.

• Visited February 2012
7 Thank gloresltx
Houston, Texas
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We were searching for a new Greek restaurant and one of our friends recommended Cafe Mezza. We were wowed. It isn't a Greek restaurant in the strictest sense but there are Greek offerings on the menu and the balance is mostly Mediterranean. We visited on a Saturday night at 9pm and the place was about half full. The room was very dark but comfortable and they actually raised the lighting a bit after we commented on it. The server was very attentive and cordial but the food is the thing! We sampled the appetizers: tabouleh, farkoosh, hummus and the spinach artichoke dip. They were all wonderful and fresh but the hummus and the spinach artichoke dip were absolutely out of this world. We could have stopped there! I had the lemon butter chicken with potatoes au gratin and sauted spinach while my husband had the lamb shank. Both dishes were expertly prepared and wonderful. Cafe Mezza is now on our list of favorites. It is located in a busy strip center and can be hard to spot but there is ample parking. Go for the food - you'll love it.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank QOE
“Best Mediterranean I've ever had”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was in Houston for work and looking for something new in Houston to try. A little work on Yelp and TripAdvisor led me to the very positive reviews for Cafe Mezza. I love Mediterranean, so I figured I'd give it a try.

i was shocked at how much I enjoyed the food at Cafe Mezza. I ordered a small baba ghanoush to sample, and I can honestly say that it's the best baba ghanoush I've ever had. For main entree, I ordered the Pecan Crusted Salmon. The mushroom risotto was delicious, the sauteed baby spinach filled my need for something green, and the salmon with its avocado mango black bean salsa was good. Then other two courses were so good, I convinced myself to try a dessert even though the ample portions had me filling up quickly. I ordered the Coconut Tres Leches and it was the perfect ending to the meal -- sweety and creamy. I highly recommend this restaurant. I only wish I'd had someone else with me so I could have tried other entrees.

• Visited January 2012
7 Thank lawyervon
hawley PA USA
“Whoever is in the kitchen really knows how to cook.”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My husband and I were apartment hunting with and for my son when we stopped here for a late lunch. The greeting was cordial and we were seated quickly in the uncrowded room.The decor is a bit garish ,eclectic is kind to describe
it. The menu offers a middle eastern course with detours to tex-mex and chain restaurant standards. Prices run moderately high which surprised me a bit. My husband ordered the lunch tilapia special quite reasonably priced. I had the Mediterranean chicken salad(dressing on the side as precaution only) and my son the salmon salad. A plate of pita toasts with olive oil and za'atar arrived and was a tasty and out of the ordinary beginning. The entrees arrived in a timely fashion and each one of them was really excellent. The tilapia and salmon were seasoned and cooked absolutely perfectly- as well was any four star New York restaurant. Presentation was attractive. The food was so good we decided to have a dessert. The tres leches cake was very,very good with a new age presentation involving height and wow. Fun. Would come back here for the quality of the food. And I wouldn't hesitate to order my salad dressed in the kitchen.

2 Thank marciad50