“Good value, good food, good music, good salsa”
Review of Tacos A Go-Go

Tacos A Go-Go
Ranked #185 of 9,037 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We like a good taco, and many places serve them in Texas. We are currently living downtown, and finding inexpensive, good quality food can often be challenging. We tried this place since reviews were good and we were not disappointed. First off, we ordered and received our food very quickly. It was around 10:00 in the morning though. Another plus is that the tacos are under $3. Tortillas were good, the salsas were good (4 to choose from, red and green, varying degrees of heat.) Music was an interesting mix, and right up my alley ("older" new age stuff (like Kryptonite) AND then older country such as Johnny Cash, etc... I always like good music, and it wasn't too loud or too quiet. Now to the food. I had my standard "potato egg and cheese," The potatoes were nicely cooked. My second was a picadillo burrito (street lunch taco) and it was a good picadillo, but those tacos are topped with chopped onion, cilantro and queso fresco. I prefer just picadillo, as I thought the onions and cilantro overpowered the taco, but that is just me. I can see most people preferring the onions. My husband got an egg, chorizo and cheese, and a carne guisada, and he said both were good, but he guisada wasn't as tender as mine (but I cook mine for 3-4 hours.) The sauces were help your self, which I like (as opposed to getting a little container.) The Fuego was my favorite, but all were good. Parking is not plentiful. We parked a block away on the street. Nice hours for a downtown restaurant. And open late on the weekends. Will definitely return. I usually take photos for my reviews, but didn't this time. Usually that means I was too hungry to take the time for the photo.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Our first stop for some authentic Mexican food when visiting Houston, and it did not disappoint. Not flashy, not over-hyped, etc., but that's exactly what we wanted. The food was tremendous. Simple tacos stuffed with meat, great flavor, great salsas. Reasonable price, friendly service.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We had a very nice casual lunch. The three people in our party ordered three different things, and all were delicious. We enjoyed the specialty salsas by the drink station better than what came with our chips and queso. There were all levels of spiciness to pick from. We will be back!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Fast, not too expensive, great tacos!! Quite a variety as well. Not fancy like Torchys, but very good in deed.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Fluffy and Puffy Chicken Taco's in Mid-Town of Houston. Fresh, and after every bite the shell remained intact. Piled high with juicy chicken and all the fixins. Just awesome.

Date of visit: July 2017