Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn
US$ 247
US$ 231
US$ 152
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 96
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 176
US$ 134
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsb bhouston heightsaustin roomhouse is beautifulmade to order breakfastbreakfast is servedchain hotelrooms are beautifulclose to downtownour home away from homesitting roomeach morningcoffee machinefresh fruitother guestsexcellent breakfasta great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were in Houston to attend the baptism of my great-niece and stayed at Sara's. The inn is in a really great historic area of town and was walking distance to the church. As a matter of fact, it is also less than a mile to some really wonderful restaurants. We stayed in the Granbury Room and found it very comfortable. Since we were there for the weekend, we also took advantage of the full breakfast. The food was very good and the people there are warm and friendly and made you feel like they were very happy to have you there. We will stay there again on our next trip and try a different room--we were able to look around and each one is very different.

Room Tip: The rooms further away from the top of the staircase seem to be quieter. The Austin Suite has a fabulous bath tub and its own balcony--we will try that one for sure in the future!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pameladerice
bobbydon, Owner at Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. We love to have people here like you. So happy you were able to see other rooms and decide on a room for your next stay. Please come and stay again.

Connie

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Sara's B&B is located close to inner city Houston without being in the heart of downtown traffic. The room was excellent, clean, well furnished and reasonable bathroom facilities for home of this period.
Bob and Connie welcomed us warmly and provided great information on the local buses, which allowed us to leave the car at the B&B rather than search for parking in the city.
A good hearty breakfast the next morning got our travel day off to the right start.
A little more expensive than other B&Bs we stayed in during this trip but competitive with the chain hotels, so still good value.
Plenty of off street parking.

Room Tip: We picked an upstairs room to avoid having people walking around above us but we found it a very quiet home throughout the B&B.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seattle-Maddog
Connie M, Owner at Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you for your glowing review. We appreciate your feedback and tips. Hope you had a wonderful experience of Texas!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I travelled almost 26 hours from the middle east to attend a business event in Houston in April 2012. I get sick of hotels and the rigidity of their protocols so decided to stay ay Sara's for 4 nights, the reamining 2 nights was at Hilton-Americas and it was a disaster.The Paris room is small, still keeps you at home. Jene's breakfast in the morning is a class apart plus her concern and care for the guests. Making friends with other guests at the breakfast is easy and helps significantly when you are away from home. The room is good, toilets and wash areas well kept. Everyone is kind and curteous. Connie and Robert, the owners are excellent and helpful. I forgot my drivers licence and could not rent a car from the airport and both Rob and Connie were kind to lend me their bike to run a few errands in between taxis. The neighborhood is great, quiet and pretty, morning walk is ideal followed by a newspaper read and coffee. Unlimited coffee and a brownie munch can keep you alive during a late night hypoglycemia attack. Greta place, Great Hosts!!

Room Tip: Great Place
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Satchi2000
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Sara's is a great B and B in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood in the Heights. The room was very nice, the location was perfect and the innkeepers were friendly and helpful. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at Sara's B&B on a recent business trip to Houston. I had previously been staying at the Lovett Inn but they closed their doors as a B&B this year and Dan at the Lovett Inn was kind enough to recommended this place.
The property is beautiful, clean and tastefully appointed. My stay was very pleasant. I was greeted by the warm and friendly owner and Inn keeper, Connie and shown to my room and the kitchen where there was an endless platter of home made brownies. Great coffee is available 24/7 and the breakfast was great as well. The sweet breakfast chef, was helpful and willing to prepare eggs any way you like. I am so happy that I have discovered this place and will stay here during my visits to Houston.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business