“Delicious Seafood Enchiladas!!”
Review of Aguirre's Tex Mex

Aguirre's Tex Mex
Ranked #396 of 9,027 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We took a couple of folks from work that had never been to Aguirre's yesterday. They kept raving about how good the food was, even as they were gobbling it down! I had the Plato Vega - 1 Beef Enchilada, 1 Cheese Enchilada(both covered in Chili and 1 Seafood Enchilada in Seafood Sauce(with shrimp and crawfish). It was accompanied by Aguirre's rice (just like we've had in Cancun-not your typical heavy Spanish rice) and the best Black Beans ala Charra I've had in a while. OMG I almost forgot to tell you about the chips and green sauce! If they would sell this by the bucket I would be a goner. Chips were very light and crisp, no oily taste or feel, and the sauce was heavenly. The red sauce had a smoky chipotle type flavor - also good but the green sauce was the bomb! One of the newbies had the Chile Relleno - perfectly fried and golden - I'm definitely going to have one next time. And did I tell you about the Baby Back Ribs? Wow - not something that you see every day at a Tex-Mex place but a real standout. This place has it all, Tex-Mex, grilled items, drinks and snacks and all for very reasonable prices. Heck, they even have a Gluten Free section in their menu!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Dropped in based on a good review and was not disappointed! Everyone in our group loved the food- the ingredients were fresh, the two salsas were great, and the food was flavorful. I got fish tacos- they were grilled to perfection, the salsa was proportioned well, and did I mention it was delicious?

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Our Family caught a late dinner on a Saturday night. A great environment, friendly staff. And those of us who had the enchiladas were impressed. The avocado salsa they bring with the chips is incredible. And the margarita was perfect! We were also impressed by how clean the table was made before we were seated. Was our first visit, we will be back! Thank you!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

My wife took me to lunch at Aguirre's.
I had the shrimp tacos which were great!
As always, the service and presentation were great!
Don't forget the free soft serve ice cream!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We were in town for the Auburn-Texas A&M football game and our group was looking for a good Tex Mex place. Aguirre’s was recommended to us and the recommendation was spot on. It is not a large restaurant but the service and quality of food are outstanding. Our group had fajitas, enchiladas, a grilled chicken special, and a massive combo of ribs, beef and chicken fajitas, sausage and shrimp brochettes. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and our server, Victor, was exceptional. Aguirre’s was the culinary hit of our weekend!

Date of visit: November 2017