“This was a fun placd to eat...”

Zum Barrel Tavern & Biergarten
Ranked #4,813 of 8,666 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, German
Reviewed 17 June 2017

The food and staff here were great! Our son's German girlfriend loved this place! We were sad to see it close...

1  Thank dianne b

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I like german food and we enjoyed what we eventually got, but with 6 customers in the place it took almost an hour to get the food.
Mostly because the waitress didnt get around to putting in the order and then came back 20 min later to "confirm"......and then even later to ask something that clearly indicated the order wasnt really placed
Worst service ever - and that includes that time in London where the waiter reached into the dirty dishes to give me a spoon!

Reviewed 27 December 2015

Najee was supposed to perform here back in September. Paid for tickets online with promoter who had Zum Barrel, etc plastered all over his website. I think Zum Barrel also had similar on their website back to promoter. At any rate, I had problem downloading tickets. Tried to contact promoter....no luck. Called Zum Barrel and they claimed "no knowledge", further stated "promoters book their place all the time without their knowledge for concerts and they know nothing"....now this, makes no sense to me. A couple day's later promoter stated "someone on his team was sick and they had to cancel" to which I stated "then please issue a full refund". They said OK but no $ to date.

Zum Barrel is clearly guilty here and needs to pay up.

Thank You.

1  Thank RMC5216
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

So, one of the signs outside say this is now the Branding Iron. Everything inside eludes to Zum Barrel. Eitherway, I stopped in for dinner and a pint or two. I had the spaetzel mac and cheese. It was very good, but a small portion for $13. They have a large selection of tap craft beers to pick from. The knowledge of the bar tender on this topic was limited. That was unfortunate for the selection they have. Otherwise the service was good along its the food.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

We dined here one evening and also had some beers. The food was not well cooked, it was over cooked almost burned. There was a small crowd present. I believe it will have a name change soon.