All reviews no elevator front desk first floor westchase area sam houston tollway the breakfast area microwave and fridge sofa bed pool and hot tub great place to stay easy access continental breakfast definitely stay here again nice stay business trip bw beltway
Reviewed 29 July 2018

On the surface, this property appears to be a pretty good place to stay. But when you dig a little deeper some of the luster is lost.

First, the property is located in a so-so area, neither great nor terrible. It's located just fare enough from the highway to be immune to most of the noise you'd expect, so it has this going for it.

My experience starts with check-in. I was helped by a very nice young lady who said she had the room I needed for the night, and I paid for it. I was quite disappointed when she explained that my room was on the second floor (property has 2) and there was no elevator. I told her that was a deal breaker for me as I am traveling with 2 heavily packed women and was not interested in lugging bags up stairs. I also said "you should have tole me that before you took my money". She was finally able to give me a first floor room after making sure it was clean.

When my family and I got to the room I noticed right away that is of a good size. The bathroom is on the left when you enter and a closet is on the right. Two steps inside and a small counter over a fridge is on the right.

My room was a 2 Queen room and the beds were on my left. Past the beds is a couch, a chair, and a desk with an office chair.s

At first glance the room looks and smells clean. But on close inspection, the sofa and chair are quite stained on the arms and have a bit of a smell. There is dust and chipped paint in numerous places as well as signs of worn paint in heavy traffic areas (such as light switches and door knobs). The inside of the front door is smudged and show a lack of simple cleaning.

The refrigerator was full of old food that had to be removed, and left an odor that prevented me from placing my own food inside it (which I had to throw away). Also, next to the refrigerator (in it's housing) was a single blue M&M...I have no explanation for this.

The beds are quite uncomfortable. Quite hard and you can hear the springs inside when you move around on them. Frankly I expect more for $100.

At check-in I specifically asked if the property had a security guard. I was told that indeed their was and he showed up at 9pm. I went outside at 9pm and no guard was present. When I asked the front desk lady she said he comes in at 10pm. That is an inconsistency in her story.

Our shower was broken (it shot very hot water out at your feet the whole time it was running).

Dust and grime everywhere.

I spoke with the manager and she said she'd refund my room. Upon checking, she refunded half...so I guess I'll be happy that I got something back.

Avoid this property.

Stayed: July 2018
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to ensure every guest has a positive, memorable experience and I am sorry to hear we fell short in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We hope to have an opportunity to better serve you when your travels bring you back.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Hubby and I travelled to Houston to meet up with friends in town from out of state. Our BW Plus suite's living room was the perfect setting for casual late night conversations with our treasured friends.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

We are so appreciative that you took the time to complete an online review of your recent stay with us! We are elated that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you here. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 July 2018

We stayed at the Best Western Plus in Westchase while we were in Houston visiting family and friends, and had a very nice time.

All of the hotel staff is exceptional, from the maids to the security personnel to the front desk clerks. Special thanks to Denise, who so warmly welcomed us on check-in as well as every time she saw us. She gave us great recommendations for alternate driving routes to avoid the frontage road and tollway, as well as excellent dinner recommendations. Also thank you to Felicia at the front desk (especially for all the quarters for the tollway!) and Ashley in the breakfast area.

Our room was very spacious (king bed junior suite); it had a simple but comfortable layout to allow room for unpacking and relaxing, with a separate sitting area, microwave and fridge. The furnishings were fresh and clean--very functional with minimal signs of use.

We noticed low shower pressure but otherwise excellent plumbing facilities throughout the property.

It has a very nice breakfast area with good hot and cold breakfast options, and plenty of room for all the guests to sit and eat.

There is a large pool with a lovely patio area surrounding it and the water is at a good temperature. It was a little murky the day I swam, but I noticed they were treating it on our departure. There’s also a nice fitness room with both aerobic equipment and a weight machine available.

Special note: if you have mobility issues or a great deal of luggage, be sure and ask for a first-floor room, as there is no elevator to the second floor. The difficulty with a first-floor room, however, is the noise from the room above; every night, we could hear footsteps from guests on the second floor.

The hotel is in a great location just off Westheimer Road, which is a major business street with lots of shops, restaurants, and other services. The road behind the property is a two-way surface street with access to Westheimer at a stoplight (although turning left onto Westheimer during rush hour is a challenge).

Finding the hotel the first time on the frontage road was also a challenge as the hotel shares a driveway with IHOP; the restaurant is on the frontage road but the hotel is set back from the street and not as easily visible. First-time guests should look for the IHOP sign to turn in off the frontage road.

Overall, we found this hotel to be an excellent value, especially given Houston rates and our particular needs. We had a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay here again should we return to the Houston area.

Room Tip: For mobility issues or lots of luggage, ask for a 1st-floor room; there is no elevator to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us improve our guests experience. We continually strive to provide the best accommodations in order to ensure our guests leave happy with their hotel experience. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our staff and I know I speak for our entire team when I say thank you and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Had a great time here. Friendly staff and very clean. Definitely will return! Location is very close to restaurants, highways for easy travel and close to several shopping centers as well. Worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

It was our pleasure to have you experience our Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites superior service. We are so happy you afforded us this opportunity to show our hospitality. You are a valued guest and we hope you will continue to make this your home away from home.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

The hotel staff is very nice and helpful. Kudos to Charles and Denise who helped us find certain places close by and solve some of our minor issues. The beds were very comfortable and breakfast was very good. There is an IHOP next door if one wishes a big breakfast or lunch.

Room Tip: Rooms are inside and safety is not an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Westchase Mini-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

We are delighted to see you had a pleasant visit to the Best Western Plus Westchase Mini Suites. Thank you for your mention of our good service and friendly staff. Come back and see us again soon.