“One of the best restaurants we’ve been to! Michelin star deserving for sure!”

BCN Taste & Tradition
Ranked #12 of 8,991 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

The entire evening was amazing! We were in town celebrating my wife’s birthday and Mario ensured everything was great! From the appetizers I strongly recommend the pulpo a la gallega and from the main dishes either the cochinillo or the rabbit! Will definitely come back to BCN next time we visit Houston!

Date of visit: May 2022
Write a reviewReviews (232)

Reviewed 25 February 2022

We don’t have any Barcelona-style restaurants in San Francisco, so BCN Taste & Tradition was at the top of our dining list for Houston. It lived up to our high expectations. We both had the bacalao (salt cured Spanish cod) for our mains, mainly because we’d never had it before. It was delicious

The restaurant is in a Spanish-style house in Montrose, a residential neighborhood. The attractive interior is filled with major works of Spanish art and a buzz of excitement. It’s a dressy restaurant; most of the diners looked spiffy.

Date of visit: February 2022
1  Thank LaBu
Reviewed 10 January 2022 via mobile

I really enjoyed this beautiful little restaurant, I love how it’s tucked away but when you walk in it has this wonderful ambiance.
The food was amazing, I love the Vegan menu options (for my husband) and the staff were really attentive.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 7 November 2021

Tough to get a reservation so with 1 week lead time had to eat at 5pm for a table in the dining room...which was fine by us. Alternatively, there is a very nice outdoor patio; could also eat at the bar which didn't look very comfortable.

Very nice ambience and service was excellent; good date/romantic place; noise level - quiet. Food was very good but a bit "fussy"; any time I see "foam" as part of description of dishes my eyes roll - pretty but adds nothing in my opinion.

They tout their extensive selection of gins. We had gin & tonics which were good but not extraordinary. Wine by the glass was good and a generous pour - red wine temperature was perfect.

Despite the excellent service, when we made reservation on line we were asked if it was a special occasion - we answered yes - a birthday. When we checked in, we confirmed with hostess that we had a birthday guest. When our waiter told us that the next day was 8th anniversary of their opening we said it was also my wife's birthday. The birthday "status" made no difference - a couple of tables near ours seemed to get some special dessert with a little candle.......not us. Why did they bother to ask? We didn't let this minor annoyance spoil an otherwise lovely dining experience.

Date of visit: November 2021
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Good food but I was a little disappointed. We had octopus and potato as appetizers. Both were good and the potatoes were covered for aioli. For main dishes we had Menorca lobster, a vegetarian medley and salmon. No one complained but none of us raved either. We have eaten in many restaurants in Spain that were better and certainly cheaper. The staff is very attentive. The gin and tonics were judged as excellent with very nice presentation.

Date of visit: August 2021