2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
HolidayInn.com$209
Hotels.com$203
travelup.com$211
All reviews burger theory front desk astros game parking garage comfortable stay great customer service shuttle service museum district luggage ac
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2022 via mobile

Almost got stranded in Houston but thankfully Mrs. Monique was able to help us out. She was really nice and helpful throughout the process. Was worried we would have to look for another hotel last minute, but she really did the best to accommodate us given the circumstances. Best customer service ever!!!

1  Thank 11astridb
Reviewed 13 August 2022

Monique was very lovely and helpful!!!! Great costumer service and the best service I’ve gotten. Almost ended up stranded in Houston. If it wasn’t for Monique I’d be out in the streets for the night!!

Reviewed 13 August 2022

She helped us not get stranded Houston by ourselfs. Great service !!! Was very nice and understanding , im super appreciate and thankful for her ! :) Thank you Monique !!!! Know I don’t have to call my mom and tell her that we got stranded I Houston :)

Reviewed 12 August 2022

The rooms were squeaky clean, the AC can be set to continuously operate and if you are picky sleeper like me, this is important! The bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The breakfast was generous and fresh, they have different offerings each day. Though nice a lil more variety on ea. day like say 4 hot options instead of 3, would be super sweet.

The kitchen staff checked if everything was to my liking… usually you don't get that TLC when self serving. Almost everyone was really awesome overall. Monique was really friendly and welcoming as I checked in. I came in late the next day and her uplifting demeanor brought a smile to me after my tiresome day. Victoria was also super friendly and helped me out early in the morning in preparation for my check out. Ushi was really nice too, and made the checkout process a breeze. There was this one guy, Joshua, who was, how do I say… politely condescending? Guess he was too busy with his super important backend work in the front desk to connect with a guest with simp questions. Monique was also working closing her work the night before, but didn’t make me feel like her time was more important than my questions and small talk. As a former innkeeper, let me share that being nice goes a long way no matter how swamped you are, and makes a huge difference on the guest. Its better to say, “can you give me a second to let me finish this really quickly so I may give you my undivided attention?”, than to multitask and half ass a conversation. Take as you will.

I stayed at a previous hotel this week and had my car window broken (oh btw, don’t stay in the Hotel Athens). This Holiday inn’s parking was enclosed and had security guards all day/night, which gave me peace of mind towards my car’s broken car window. The basement garage is decked with high touch graffiti, worth a walk down there even if you dont come in a car.

The location is right on the rail line so its easy to get around in the day. At night they have a shuttle service that can drop off or pick you up within a 1.5 mile radius. Immediate eateries within walking distance are limited, so plan ahead… the Burger Theory restaurant in the Lobby was closed, so don’t count on that for grub. I felt a lil false advertised from the lack of this in-house restaurant. The least they could do is take down the sign and the branding inside the hotel.

There were a few other false advertisings too, custom omelettes on thursday mornings (none of that), friday business platters and drinks (nope). These got me excited, but ultimately proved disappointing. The extra $10 daily amenity fee, is it optional? No?! Then why not just include it in the daily rate? Im sure it was somewhere in the fine print at some website, but I made my reservation over the phone and this was not disclosed. Very very snakey, i mean, sneaky; talking to you now corporate dudes.

All and all I had a great stay, and I eagerly look forward to staying here for business or with the family next time I drop by Houston. If these lil hiccups can be addressed I’ll give you 5/5 next time I come.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 686ym
Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

Many thanks to Lester for making sure I got to the Astros game there and back on time and safe that means the world to me. Monique was such a great hostess at the front desk. Carlos walked me to my car it was raining and dark. But without those three I wouldn't have had a great night. Thank you guys .

Trip type: Travelled solo