“Nice Hotel, Disappointed in Room”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston
Ranked #6 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Seabrook, Texas, United States
“Nice Hotel, Disappointed in Room”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We booked same day for a Saturday night out in Houston. Booked a Queen Bed. Got the "Crews Quarters" room on 2nd floor overlooking pool. Everything was nice but room was very small. Had a small full size bed. Talked to front desk. No other rooms available. Manager called me and said we must not be used to their custom queen size beds. Back at room looked at mattress dimensions on tag (53" x 74.5"). Don't appreciate being lied too or misled. Could have ruined our trip but night out in Houston was fantastic and pool watching was great.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms overlooking the pools are great just be carefull about room size.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me over the phone. Again, I sincerely apologize for the room issues you encountered during your stay at the hotel. The appropriate departments are aware of the issues and are taking immediate action so that such problems do not arise again in the future. Thank you for already returning to the hotel to give us another shot! We will continue to provide stellar service to you during your visits with us. We love ya at Hotel ZaZa!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The staff provided exceptional service were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, clean, and stylish.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Princessah
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Exceptional! Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you received stellar service during your stay at ZaZa Houston. Please let me know when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I made a short trip to Houston for our 5 year anniversary. This was the perfect place to celebrate. Our room was fabulous, romantic, quaint, you name it. Service was superb. Concierge was extremely knowledgeable and provided us with an amazing recommendation to celebrate dinner. We relaxed by the pool for a few hours, great people watching, fantastic environment.

The location can't be beat. Best part of Houston hands down. So much history and prestige here. The parks, museums, restaurants, Rice Village, etc.

Only complaint was the service at the restaurant/bar for an after hours drink was very shaky, but this was very easy to overlook given the enjoyable effortless weekend..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rover2382
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Fantastic! I am happy you had a wonderful time celebrating your 5th anniversary with your wife at Hotel ZaZa Houston! I do apologize for the shaky service you received at the restaurant during your stay. We'll definitely make sure such an incident does not occur again! Please let me know when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Zaza. The hotel is beautiful, though the hallways are a little dark due to the black paint. Room service was wonderful & the person who took the order as well as the one who brought up our order was fantastic. He answered questions & was very helpful. We had a room with a balcony & it was very relaxing in the evenings to sit out there. Next time we visit Houston, the Zaza will be at the top of our list of where to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tmde
Wonderful! Thank you for the great feedback. I am very pleased to read that you received stellar service during your stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston. Please let me know when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
miami beach
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am a frequent business traveler who enjoys trendy boutique hotels like the W hotel. Every time I go to Dallas I stay at Zaza. Its a great hotel that always has a buzz of fun going on especially at their restaurant Dragonfly or poolside. Last week, they had a rave brunch called Sunday School that looked like alot of fun. I had a uniquely appointed suite room as well that I enjoyed with a tiny balcony that added to the charm and enjoyment. There is also a spa and gym onsite which is important to me. I went for a 9 mile run to the nearby Katy Trail, a wooded trail thru the city nearby. This hotel is really great!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Wonderful! I am happy Hotel ZaZa Dallas is a FUN and GREAT place for you to stay! The Sunday School Brunch at Dragonfly is definitely an enjoyable experience. Please let me know when your travels whisk you back to Dallas, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!