1,020 results
All reviews uptown park ristorante cavour leading hotels of the world junior suite walk in closet romantic getaway beautiful hotel galleria area beautiful pool pool area favorite hotel separate bedroom full kitchen small kitchen room service luxury hotel hotel experience
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I just adore this hotel. It is our go-to place for a staycation or romantic get away. You feel like you have escaped to an Italian villa. The service is first rate as is the restaurant. We love it!

Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank J R
Julia O, Concierge at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

What a lovely review! Thank you so much. We appreciate all of our guests, but it is especially wonderful to hear that even locals enjoy spending time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next staycation. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We love the hotel. Excellent location for our needs. Excellent staff attention. Excellent bar. Excellent food. Our Executive Suite was clean, well appointed, well equipped with abundant snacks and drinks on hand in the room. One complaint on this trip, however, and it was unrelated to the hotel, but impactful nonetheless -- directly across the street reconstruction of the 3/4 empty Uptown retail center was going on and they started up at with an unholy racket 3:30AM.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the property until the work is finished!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Julia O, Concierge at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review and for being understanding about the construction noise. I will certainly pass along such positive words to the rest of the staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, and we will make sure that your room is as far away from the noise as possible, should it still be going on. Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We went to the Hotel Granduca in Houston to celebrate our anniversary. The staff and the service was very poor. We had issue after issue with our reservation, our room, and our requests. The staff was very unresponsive and very unfriendly. We will never go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dsm125
Julia O, Concierge at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I truly apologize for any issues you may have encountered. I invite you to please reach out to me or my General Manager, Steve Kalbaugh, at your earliest convenience so that we may have the opportunity to discuss these issues with you. We can both be reached through the direct line of the hotel at 713.418.1000.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

First the good:
(1) Friendly staff
(2) Nice bar with good entertainment
(3) Bed was comfortable
(4) Coffee from restaurant was excellent
(5) The food we ordered from room service was good
(6) The hotel itself is gorgeous and has an awesome layout.

Now here is the bad...
(1) Our first drinks we ordered from the bar were not made right at all. The poor “bartender” (come to find out he was actually only a server that was told to cover the bar because there wasn’t a bartender on staff when the bar opened—- so by no means do I fault him for trying...he was super sweet) tried his hardest but my drink called for honey syrup well the bartender, ran to the kitchen and came back with a plastic spoon full of honey and put it in my drink. He then stirred the drink with the plastic spoon, left the spoon in my drink, handed it to me, and said to leave it in there a while....ummm??? $12 for a drink with a plastic spoon in it...I won’t add the details of my husband drink and how that was made wrong also. So we told the evening bartenders about it and they laughed and told us how that guy was just a server. They didn’t offer any way to fix the mis-hap that had occurred.

(2) As beautiful as the hotel is, tile floors in the hallways by the guest rooms is loud at 2am when a drunk individual is trying to find her room in her heels. Yes there are some rugs laid down but not enough to mask the noise. (The noise woke us up)

(3) We could hear the people in the room above us walking around and going to the bathroom

(4) Someone around our room had either their TV on most of the night or had their phone making noises so they could sleep - it sounded like waves and bird noises.

(5) We could hear the people’s cell phone next to us vibrating and their alarm going off.

(6) Upon checkout the gentleman that checked us out asked how our stay was, well I told him all of our issues and the only thing he said was “I am sorry, I wish you would have called us last night about these issues. You must be a light sleeper. ”

—- No I am not a light sleeper but being woken up at 2am by a drunk individual, trying to find their room, romping around the hall in their heels, scanning their key card on every door...will wake up just about anyone.

There was never an offer to refund our 2 drinks that were wrong, there was never an offer to escalate our issues to their management team, the only thing they said - “hope you will give us another shot.”

The only reason I would go back would be to enjoy the bar and the 2 night bartenders....I wouldn’t stay at the hotel again, I find another one in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy A

Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff and design, and also for your incredibly valuable feedback. I truly apologize for any inconvenience or lapse in service that you encountered. I personally assure you that I will be passing your remarks to our management team, as I believe that you have illuminated for us some wonderful opportunities for coaching and training. We hope to see you again soon, even if it is only to enjoy our entertainment and aperitivo, though I do hope you will give the hotel one more try.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The hotel is in an excellent location for shopping, dining, and getting to Loop 610. It is decorated with old world charm and the hotel was very quiet. We only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer. Their Sunday brunch looked wonderful; however, we did not eat there. There is a Starbucks within walking distance and it is a nice walk. The Hotels swimming pool area is lovely. Great place to relax and have a drink.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Julia O, Concierge at Hotel Granduca Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your taking the time to leave such thoughtful feedback and hope that you will return for a longer stay soon. Thank you again!