“The Wedge!!!”

Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
Reserve with OpenTable
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 8,695 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frostwood-1 block before Gessner on I-10 feeder
Description: One of five children, Jim Goode was born and raised along the Texas Gulf Coast. His father was a shift worker at a nearby refinery and his mother spent her time taking care of things at home. Most weekends, you could find the whole family at the local area beaches where the kids spent their time fishing, crabbing and playing in the surf. Jim loves this way of life and he especially loves the food. So in an effort to combine his fondness for the roadside diners that dot the Texas and Louisiana coastline with his love for the region's seafood, Jim began to explore how he could translate his passions into a dining experience that would ultimately bear the family name. In 1986, he located a passenger train car that looked like it would fit the bill. He negotiated its purchase and moved it to its current location on Westpark. A few months later, Goode Company Seafood was born.The concept was to grill fresh seafood over mesquite, or fry it in refined oil with a thin batter. So, while you'll find signature dishes like campechanas, seafood gumbo and whole stuffed flounder on the menu, you won't find sauces or heavy layers of breading to mask the flavor of the fish. And if something isn't in season, you won't find it on the menu.
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

A business associate recommended that we have dinner at Goode Company seafood recently. We had a good time there. They had a good wine list with several Chardonnays that we liked and a hidden gem is the wedge salad that did not appear on the menu. I had a snapper special that was covered in a creole cream sauce that was awesome and we shared a pecan pie ala mode for dessert that was killer.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Highly recommended, the restaurant did not disappoint. from the very well versed waitstaff to the great seafood. a can't miss stop in Houston.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

My family and I had a birthday dinner here and left a bit disappointed. While the service and ambiance both were what I expected, the food was a bit sub-par. The oysters on the half shell were OK but the fish (red snapper and halibut) were a bit hammered (overcooked). The prices weren't bad, but I would have expected a better cook for what I paid.

1  Thank kevinsmithd56
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

There with friends. First thing was they didn’t have Seagrams 7 for my husbands drink order. When we received bill the charge was $11.50 for the drink of a different bourbon and coke. Two of the three salad orders arrived without dressing and waiter disappeared. We flagged down another waiter and was able to get dressing from him. Waiter was young and maybe new but forgot drink order. Later arrived with final drink order. Spilled a entire drink on my shoulder and my friends hip. NOTHING was offered complimentary for the error. We did not complain to manager because we are not that type. In the end we felt for what we got we paid way too much.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This visit meal was one of the best I have ever had at this chain

I had the redfish topped with shrimp and red beans and rice as a side. It was extronary.

The noise level was so bad we hat trouble conducting business.