“Nice evening dinner”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #3,935 of 8,904 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Visiting my daughter and decided to take my 9 year old granddaughter to what I call chop chop, she was happy as could be it was St Patricks day, and she enjoyed the show the guy gave us with the egg and fire display. The food was very good, and the service was satisfactory, they were busy so that is to be expected that they didn't come around as often for drink refills. All in all it was a nice evening.

Reviewed 11 February 2015

Stood for a long time waiting to be seated in an almost empty restaurant. Was finally seated by the hostess, then we couldn't get the attention of a waiter. The hostess came to get our drinks, then never came back. One waiter came by and said they "were hammered", and walked away. The restaurant was so empty you could've driven a hummer through it and not hit anyone. Employees were standing around talking, folding napkins, while customers other than us were drinkless and looking fed up.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Shogun has great sushi and teppanyaki. The teppanyaki grill is fun to experience particularly if you are in a group. The service is good for the most part.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This is a fairly large restaurant with a bar,mi have been there twice and it was packed both times but we got a table within ten minutes. The grill is excellent, the grill masters very entertaining, and the variety of dishes was wide. One in our party who lives on the west coast, had sushi,and declared it as good as any he has had! One suggestion for Shoguns, though, Scruggs down those nice slate floors more often the grease from the grills and the moisture make them slightly treacherous.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The server was offended with my detailed look at the sushi station before taking my order. (if they are clean and have nothing to hide, they shouldn't mind) I'm not getting sick off of raw fish again. I left without eating because of his cocky attitude about my looking the restaurant over. (the sushi bar din't look bad, just a bad server attitude)