“Better food than the other HB”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
HB Japanese Steak House
Ranked #3,000 of 8,904 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 3 December 2017

The last time I ate at an HB Steakhouse it was underwhelming! This HB, which I never knew it was called Happy Budda was much better. HB is located in Humble 77338, not Houston.

First issue and everyone needs to be aware. If you want to sit at the grill EVERYONE has to be there. I find that ridiculous, we were a party of 8. 6 of us were waiting on a Tuesday night, so not that busy. Finally convinced them to seat us when the other 2 people were 5 minutes away. If the bulk of the party is there why make people wait to get drinks etc because of 1 or 2 others.

The waiter just didn't seem to understand the separate ticket concept. He also disappeared for a bit, and people seated after us were taken care of before us.

What saved this visit was the Chef! Very personable, put on a good show and the food was very good. It was much better than the other HB.

We all had a nice dinner and a good show!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This restaurant has a choice of table seating or hibachi grill seating. Call ahead for reservations on the weekends or special holidays like Valentine's day. The wait can be long without them.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

My husband was very uncomfortable. We were waiting for our meal and began to notice how dirty the restaurant was. Kind of hard to think about food when you see disgusting floors and dirty walls. Can not even imagine the kitchen. Yuck

Reviewed 7 April 2016

4/6/2016 My husband and I had lunch here.

Avocado roll...$4.95
Garlic Fried Rice no Chicken...$2.85
Alex or something roll....$9.95
Sushimi........................$22.95........Total $44.06

Our waitress was very nice and Friendly but This place is questionable.

I visited the restrooms and although there was no trash or anything on the floor, There were rolls of toilet paper on the counter. It just seems unsanitary and then you can see the kitchen floor past the restroom and there were lettuce and food on the floor.

My husband said the table was sticky and my glass of water was stained so I didn't drink it.

I don't think we will visit this location again.Health Department needs to be on the look out.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Grant was always our chef! He was friendly and never burned our food. Once he left we tried it 2 more times. Both times my beef was over cooked and chicken was burnt. And the food is just way too salty. The sushi didn't seem very fresh either. And the waitress was quiet rude both times we had the same one. They need some updating for sure!