“MMM good....”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 28 May 2015

So after a 5 year absence to Houston, upon my arrival this trip, my first stop was Tex Chick Restaurant. This is postage stamp of a restaurant offering home cooked Puerto Rican food. It is small, 4 tables 4 chairs each. Homey, while you sit you can see your food being made at the kitchen which is right next to the tables. You order when you get in sit down drink a soda and wait for deliciousness to arrive. Food is great just like home made. Service is great very good conversation about Puerto Rico...all and all a great experience and one I will continue to experience every time I go to Houston. This place have to be doing something right, 35 years at the same location.

Reviewed 27 December 2014

This is a small place for Puerto Rican food. MY friend and I ordered different things and both agreed it was good. I would visit again if I don't find anything else close by. Only problem is Parking.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

Having visited Puerto Rico may times, I was very happy to have this little place to satisfy my mofongo cravings. Problem is that lately the food is very greasy, leaving me with upset stomach every time I go. Please make better, I need a good mofongo provider nearby!

Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

I had very high hopes for this Restaurant. I LOVE PR food. Just moved to Houston and needed a fix. Pork chop was good, however rice and beans were just ok. I was hoping for more taste in the beans. The Mofongo was very good, however made with meat instead of pork. First time for that, however I would be willing to stop by on way home for take out. Dining area entirely too small and had DJ taking up NEEDED space in dining area but was nice hearing PR music...

Reviewed 27 May 2014

we went to this place for late lunch, the two guys working there were very friendly. I order Monfogo with Octopus as well as a Steak with Onions. the food was amazing and we highly suggest the place if you try authentic Puerto-rican cuisine.