“Nice meal”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We found the restaurant to be a nice choice. We had a good bottle of wine, they had good bread on the table (would describe it as more European vs. Italian bread). I had the mista salad with goat chess (which was quarter sized, found at the bottom of my plate on the last few bites) and the rigatoni (sans sausage as I'm a veg). Both were good. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Had the pannacotta for dessert. It was fine - but not really pannacotta. So if you're looking for the real thing, I'd recommend something else.

Staff was very friendly and attentive

1  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed 31 December 2009

I've dined at Vincents for many years and have grown disappointed by the poor service as of late and lack of customer focus. The ambiance used to be great, now it seems blindly focused on making money with disregard to customer value and patronage. Most recently the restaurant required a credit card simply to make a reservation and indicated a $50/person cancellation fee if the reservation wasn't canceled w/in 8 hours of the reservation. If your restaurant isn't booked the day before, I doubt such a policy is going to help fill it up. I'm sad to see the prices increase, service stagnate, and poorly thought out business policies such as the reservation policy. This place used to be great, and fortunately there are many others that still care about their customers and offer great value.

1  Thank DesertYak
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We were a party of seven with reservations for 8 P.M. on a Saturday evening, so I did not expect the best service, but thought we could have been seated before 8:20. The waiter brought out water for us, but we did not see much of him after that. At 8:40 he brought our bottle of wine, explained the specials, then promptly took off without taking our orders, and we were pretty hungry by then and had long ago decided on what we wanted.
By 9 P.M. I was getting irritated, and asked another of the many waitstaff what happened to our waiter, we wanted to order. A minute later he came and took our order, he was in the back somewhere. Our food came at 9:15, after many parties had come and gone during our wait. The food was good, but the poor service spoiled the mood of the evening. To top it off, he got our desert order wrong.

2  Thank captainmcd
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2008

Above average Italian, great presentation, but pricey

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, Texas
195111
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Their roasted chicken is all I have ever ventured to try

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook