“Wish I lived closer, I’d be there every week!”

Little Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #90 of 9,037 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Description: Famous for more than thirty years of Legendary Tex-Mex, Pappasito's Cantina is known for the flavor, freshness and quality of their food and drinks! Pappasito's Cantina serves up succulent, sizzling fajitas, hand-crafted drinks and some of the best chips and homemade salsa around.
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I led a youth group trip in Houston and based on reviews and proximity to our hotel we decided to try Little Pappasito’s.

Best. Decision. Ever. The first day we went for an early dinner and had a reservation for ten. Service was great, very kind and made conversation with out group. They were patient with six teenagers and four adults, and could accommodate our one gluten-free person. But as great at the service was, it is only a small part of why we came back for another meal before our week was over: THE FOOD!

Huge portions, great prices, and it was amazingly delicious Tex-Mex. My husband and I lamented that we do not live closer to be able to return anytime soon. We had some try fajitas, some with tacos, and others with the quail. All were raving about their food. And luckily I had enough to take back so I could eat more that night!

Made a return visit with call ahead seating and were seated promptly (with 9 people at 1:00pm on a Sunday!). This time we tried new items, myself having a breakfast burrito (oh.my.gosh). Everything was flavorful and delicious. I cannot even believe how good their tortillas are.

The manager came to say hi to our group both nights, everyone was super friendly. If I wasn’t pregnant I would have had a margarita because they looked wonderful.

I highly, highly recommend you give this place a try if you are in the Houston area! Next time I am nearby I know where we will be eating! Until I can return, I am going to be the biggest Tex-Mex snob. Little Pappasito’s Cantina is second to none.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent shrimp tacos. I’ve always had good food at this location. Good Service and food. Recommended

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

In the past, we usually overlooked this location. Lately, we’ve found ourselves in the area on Wednesday evenings so we just go ahead and make our way in. The parking lot here is exceptionally small. During peak dining times, an employee is outside to guide you towards available parking spaces/lots since some adjacent lots will tow your car if they see you park and then walk over to Pappasito’s.
“Fajita Wednesday’s” are very popular nights to dine here since you can get a large fajita order for half off. We usually order the combination beef and chicken fajitas to share. Their chips and salsa are the best in town. The best!! Crunchy, thin, warm tortilla chips with warm salsa to keep you munching happily until your order arrives. Their tortillas are made in-house and so fresh. You can see their tortilla making machine. It’s free entertainment for the kiddos. Their guac is made fresh table-side. Desserts here are pretty yummy. Personally, I think they have the best tres leches here. Their sopapillas are another good choice.
Although this is the smallest location - hence the name “Little Pappasito’s” - it is by far the liveliest. Walking in, you see people everywhere conversing, eating, having a great time. The bar runs almost the entire length of the restaurant itself. There are counter seats opposite the bar also. The dining area seems to be half interior and half exterior seating. There are garage door openings that extend the dining area into the enclosed “patio” area. During the day, it’s brighter in the enclosed patio yet still cool since they have fans stationed above each garage door. In the winter, on those few cold days we have here in Houston, the heater above the narrow aisle in between tables, keeps you just warm enough. The seats at this location are far superior to other locations. They have these wide, cushion-topped chairs here. It’s such an upgrade from the typical wooden chairs with the hard interwoven straw seats found at all other locations.
The bathrooms here are a bit cramped. Only two stalls in the women’s restroom and one sink. There is however, a family restroom for changing those diaper-clad littles set apart from the entrance to the other restrooms.
There’s a very relaxed yet still energetic atmosphere here. Every time I come to this location, it always ends up being a great experience. On some nights, they have mariachi singers to come to your table and will serenade you if you so wish. Very entertaining!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went there for dinner tonight. On Wednesdays, they offer a special on the fajitas. We ordered the all chicken fajitas thinking it was gonna be 50% off the amount. The check came out and it was 50% off of the beef and chicken combo. If I had known that I would’ve ordered the beef and chicken. We are trying to save money and there was a $12 difference if you just ordered chicken.

I mentionedsomething to our server and she was not very communicative. I called the manager over and they offered a five dollar discount. There should be more signage about exactly what is offered for the discount. The chairs are really uncomfortable but the chips and the food are good.

Parking is a challenge so you have to be patient.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This place has some of the best Mexican food you will ever have. Make sure you go when you are hungry because the servings are huge and filling, but so good! The waiters and waitresses are super friendly as well. I definitely recommend this restaurant it is perfect for a fun meal!

1  Thank hungrystarfish