“Disappointing”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Haven’t been to the Empire in a decade and decided to give it a shot on a free morning. It gets rave reviews and I loved it the last time I’d been there, today it was disappointing. Poached eggs over cooked, bland bacon, overall grubby appearance of food and decor. Disappointed! With all the other options in Houston it will probably be years before I return.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Always a buzz especially on weekends.Decent and a vast breakfast menu to choose from.Good choice of beverages, breads, and sides.A healthy start to the day.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Empire had been a family favorite for years. We had recommended it to family and friends. So when my sister came to town and we had a rare opportunity for a girls day, I suggested we come. What a mistake! We both had the Eggs Benedict Florentine. The potatoes came out cold. The whites in the poached eggs were runny (uncooked) and the English Muffin was untoasted, cold and soggy. I sent mine back (my sister gets mortified to do that ever and suffered in silence). From the staff, there was no sorry about that, or our bad! When the server brought the new one out he only said ‘check’. Aside from the food being undercooked, cold, and tasteless, and the service being rude, the ham portion and quality for the price was absurd. We have crossed this off of our go-to list and will never recommend again!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Had a great pasta dinner tonight at the Empire Cafe. Tried the Rustica and it was delicious. Italian sausage, onions and basil over a penne pasta. House salad was also delicious. Would have had a piece of cake, but I didn’t have room! FYI, you order at the counter and then pick a place to sit.

I will be back!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

You stand in line at the counter and order your food as well as pick some of it up, though the rest can get delivered to your table. I had a truly amazing turkey sandwich, juicy, scrumptious and with some sort of amazing chutney. Good teas and juices. Simple patio atmosphere little pretense and decent prices.