“Nice food and great service”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #26 of 8,552 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was travelling with other people who suggested we go to Pappadeaux's at the airport. I've never been a fan of chain restaurants however I was pleasantly surprised with the menu choices and service. I just ordered something simple and had a chicken salad. I'm fussy when it comes to the dressing, and the wait staff were very obliging when I asked for it to go on the side - way too many calories in salad dressing. The service was exemplary, the food was fresh and we didn't have too long to wait for our meals. Overall I was pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

While traveling with my nine year old son, we had a layover in Houston around supper time. We walked around looking at our options for places to eat, and did not find any decent kid friendly options. We came across Pappadeaux's and decided to give it a try. The hostess greeted us and gave us a kid's menu to look over while we waited for a table. We were sat pretty much right away in a nice size booth where we could put our bags. Brittany S. was our server and did an excellent job. First question she asked us was if we were in a hurry. I appreciated her being considerate of our potential departure time constraint. We ordered the alligator appetizer and it was very tasty. She kindly warned my son it may be a little spicy. He really liked it, and I did too. He also ordered a Caesar salad, which came out in plenty of time for him to eat before our entrees arrived. He had the shrimp kid's meal. Without me asking, Brittany offered healthier options for side items on the kid's meal, at no charge, when we ordered. BIG PLUS for mom's who try to get their kids away from french fries, especially while traveling. I had the shrimp Po Boy and it was very good, too. Much different than a traditional NOLA Po Boy, but still a good sandwich. I got the dirty rice instead of fries, and it was very good, too. The service was attentive. The timing of the food coming out of the kitchen was spot on. Prebussing was great. Brittany gave us everything we asked for. She even got our check for us quickly and processed payment quickly, which was imperative, as my son had to visit the restroom. Unfortunately there isn't one in the restaurant, so we had to leave. Until then, I almost forgot we were even in an airport. I run a restaurant back home and I wish I had a staff of Brittanys working for me. Next time we have a layover in Houston, we'll be back!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Waiter was excellent, food was delicious, fantastic experience all around. Expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Good place for a business dinner or a night out with the family. Food is always fresh and wait staff enjoy their work.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Its been a few years since I went to Pappadeaux but was very impressed with this Terminal E location at IAH. The Greek Salad was so fresh and flavorful. The Shrimp Etouffe was the best I have ever had! The service was friendly and the staff seemed prepared to get me in and out quickly (appropriate for airport) so I had to tell them to relax because I had a 2.5 hour delay to wait out. Tempting looking desserts but I abstained. If you are concerned about your flight status there are terminal monitors inside the restaurant. Extensive menu, you are not shortchanged just because this is in an airport. Prices are steep, but a welcome change from the usual airport food selections.