“Not a good experience for a family of 5”
Review of Lucille's

Lucille's
Get food delivered
Ranked #55 of 8,988 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Reviewed 14 November 2021

We ordered the Yardbird, Braised Oxtails, Smothered Steak, Lucille's Cesar Salad, Mac and Cheese, Chili Biscuits and Grilled Octopus. We spent $200. Our thoughts: the quality of food was subpar and rude service. The cut of steak was a poor quality, the chili biscuits-horrible and similar to what can be bought at Sonic's or a fast food chain. Mac and Cheese was a winner and the only winner. I won't get too much into the service but just some issues were that we did not receive serving utensils for appetizers, had to ask for water refills for our plastic cups, and just overall bad/rude service. I'll let you use your imagination on the dirty bathrooms. I really wanted to love this restaurant. I was excited to visit the establishment but it definitely did not deliver. One and done!

Date of visit: November 2021
2  Thank lisaalex08
Write a reviewReviews (281)

Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

Great service. Great food. We had the chili biscuits which were fantastic! We also had the yardbird (fried chicken, mashed potatoes and greens), the Mac and cheese, and the fried catfish and grits. The greens were phenomenal! Everything else was solid. The food also came out piping hot which was nice.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

Wow!!! So very impressed with the food and the drinks. Being from South Louisiana, I always think we have the best food but this place has amazing food. The service is impeccable and the food is fab u lous!!!!! I’m so glad I tried it. The cornbread, octopus, chili biscuits, fried green tomatoes, and them oxtails is way pass deliciousness awesomeness!!!

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 3 September 2021

We booked reservations a few weeks ahead of time, and we're glad we did. We arrived at opening, and there was already a crowd gathered. Despite everyone showing up at once, Lucille's was ready, and they got our food out to us quickly. Everything was delicious. We were seated in the back garden, and music was setting up about when we were wrapping up. Seemed like a great atmosphere. Back to the food: we loved it. I had the Benedict and it was cooked to perfection. Not sure what everyone else had because we scarfed it down so fast. A great place for Sunday brunch!

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank DesmondBono
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

OMG! Same food I grew up eating in rural Texas, but better! Wait person, Linda, was great.

Under normal circumstances, I’d give them five stars. But, some of their employees, most notably the hostess, disregarded my personal safety by wearing their masks below their nose (which mitigates most of it’s effect). I’m disappointed that they don’t respect my desire to keep myself and my children Covid free

Date of visit: August 2021