“Better than mama made, but not completely Covid safe”
Review of Lucille's

Lucille's
Get food delivered
Ranked #56 of 8,994 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

OMG! Same food I grew up eating in rural Texas, but better! Wait person, Linda, was great.

Under normal circumstances, I’d give them five stars. But, some of their employees, most notably the hostess, disregarded my personal safety by wearing their masks below their nose (which mitigates most of it’s effect). I’m disappointed that they don’t respect my desire to keep myself and my children Covid free

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank Aquassance
Write a reviewReviews (283)

Reviewed 18 August 2021

I love Lucille's. So good I decided to come here for my birthday with some friends and family. The max is 10 people so be sure you cap your party at ten. The only negative I have, is when I reserved my table over the phone for 8:00, no one told me the kitchen closes at 8:45pm. I thought that was a little harsh, because as I'm waiting for the rest of my party to show up, we have to rush to order. However, dont let that deter you, because the staff was super accommodating, friendly, and worked with me to make sure everything worked out fine. The food is amazinggggg. My fav are the oxtails and grits and my fav drink is Blacker the Berry. In all, this is my go to southern spot I'd like to frequency more often by planning ahead. Whatever you do, reserve a table and enjoy yourself.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 9 August 2021

Damn this was good food! We heard about this place in the Netflix series and traveled from California to visit. We ordered a lot of food. Pork chops were the best I've ever had so tender and very well flavored.. Mac n cheese was best in my life. Fried green tomatoes were beautiful. Because this place is so far from home really wish the chefs offered a cookbook so I could share with friends at home. Thank you for a beautiful meal.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 13 June 2021

We waited 50 minutes to get our food while others around us who came in after us got their food. We had 2 very young kids with us. The manager was filled with nothing but excuses. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank 339celinab
Reviewed 10 June 2021

A small house nestled in the museum district, dining there feels like eating with family. The decor is simple and sleek, with a welcoming vibe. The waitstaff was helpful and friendly to say the least. Joseph was our waiter and he was dynamic, personable and he made us feel like the only customers in the world. We were celebrating our anniversary and we felt so special and celebrated. The food is SPECTACULAR to boot!! Everything we tasted was perfectly cooked and imbued with southern love and spice. I am still dreaming about the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp n' grits. The mac and cheese felt like walking through childhood memories. And the bread pudding was OFF THE CHAIN! Buttery, melt in your mouth delicious. Hands down one of the best restaurants in Houston, great story, excellent service, incredible food. Writing this review is making me hungry...

Date of visit: June 2021