“Absolutely the best food we've had in a ong time”
Review of Lucille's

Lucille's
Get food delivered
Ranked #55 of 8,994 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Reviewed 9 August 2021

Damn this was good food! We heard about this place in the Netflix series and traveled from California to visit. We ordered a lot of food. Pork chops were the best I've ever had so tender and very well flavored.. Mac n cheese was best in my life. Fried green tomatoes were beautiful. Because this place is so far from home really wish the chefs offered a cookbook so I could share with friends at home. Thank you for a beautiful meal.

Date of visit: July 2021

Reviewed 13 June 2021

We waited 50 minutes to get our food while others around us who came in after us got their food. We had 2 very young kids with us. The manager was filled with nothing but excuses. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank 339celinab
Reviewed 10 June 2021

A small house nestled in the museum district, dining there feels like eating with family. The decor is simple and sleek, with a welcoming vibe. The waitstaff was helpful and friendly to say the least. Joseph was our waiter and he was dynamic, personable and he made us feel like the only customers in the world. We were celebrating our anniversary and we felt so special and celebrated. The food is SPECTACULAR to boot!! Everything we tasted was perfectly cooked and imbued with southern love and spice. I am still dreaming about the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp n' grits. The mac and cheese felt like walking through childhood memories. And the bread pudding was OFF THE CHAIN! Buttery, melt in your mouth delicious. Hands down one of the best restaurants in Houston, great story, excellent service, incredible food. Writing this review is making me hungry...

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank BeijingRo
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Ordered to-go and they were helpful with suggestions to replace seasonal dishes and drinks no longer on the menu... but we found out about them 30 seconds before calling on the restaurant's web site. Hostess very friendly and food well packaged. The entrees were delicious. Hen and pork well cooked and seasoned. Both the Caesar and Watermelon salads were disappointing. Too much greens and not enough of everything else, and not enough care in selecting the leaves.
The 1l cocktail-to-go option saved this review from being average.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2021

We weren’t aware we were required to have a reservation for indoor seating. Sucked to have been seated outside in the cold with a 2yo.
Hostess was very adamant no exception could be made. This alone made me want to go elsewhere, but we were hungry, so we made it work. (The mimosas helped)
Our waitress was very sweet and attentive, the food came out in a reasonable amount of time but it was the farthest from what we expected. The catfish and shrimp w/ grits were lacking flavor, to say the least. I ordered the shrimp with grits and the flavor combinations just didn’t work well IMO. Aside from the shrimp not being seasoned.
My wife ordered the catfish and also said it lacked flavor.
We ordered the sweet potato waffle for our little one and it was awesome! I made sure to remove the birds eye chili’s before giving it to her.
There’s definitely a lack of kid friendly options, so I wouldn’t suggest this as a “family friendly” place.
It was nice but not enough to recommend or return. We still ended up having to eat somewhere else after spending $130...

Date of visit: March 2021