“Easter for brunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I went for brunch on easter Sunday. I don't get the point of reservations if you still have to wait 30 minutes. We ended up sitting at the bar to cut the wait time. The bartender was friendly and helpful. I was a little disappointed in the food. As far as flavor, there wasn't much to it. I expected so much more from this place because of reviews everywhere on the internet. The fried green tomatoes were ok. I had the fish and eggs. My friend had the country Benedict. Both lacked true flavor. Hot sauce couldn't even save the fish. We also tried different drinks. They were over complicated and left you guessing "is this how it is supposed to taste?" We considered giving it a second try for the dinner menu. Decided not even worth the drive back since we live on the other side of town.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Trotter83

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Limited but good menu of brunch staples, bottomless mimosa's, etc. Good food, great service!

Not much seating so make a res.

Parking lot across the street.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I was told by a local person that "Lucille's" is a must in Houston. It was not a must at all it was O.K.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We had a small (five people) celebratory lunch here and it was just about the perfect place for it. Spacious. Not crowded (mid-week lunch). And perhaps best of all--terrific food. The service was also excellent. Between the five of us and some items for the table, we sampled a lot of the menu. Everything was made with real care and quality ingredients. I had the Saigon shrimp and, when I ordered them, the waitress offered some clarifying instructions to make sure I was getting something I wanted. They were delicious! As was everything, really. Bread pudding and lemon ice box pie (cake?) to die for. the last featured the best meringue I've ever had. Would go back in a heartbeat. It's a bit on the pricey side, but worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Enjoyed a fantastic dining experience here today. Authentically southern cuisine, served with good cheer and attention to details. We split some small plates--fried green tomatoes to die for, chili biscuits, a house specialty, and butternut squash that was good enough to be dessert. My protein was roasted fish (served over grilled portobello mushrooms); my friend enjoy black-eyed peas hummus. Everything was meant to be savored; we enjoyed every bite! Who could walk away without finishing with dessert? Daily choices so no dessert menu. Today's choice was icebox lemon pie or bread pudding with bourbon glaze. We split the bread pudding and thoroughly enjoyed it. I only wish I lived in Houston so I could dine there weekly. Don't miss it!