“Great Downtown Location!”

Ranked #11 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Tampa, Florida
“Great Downtown Location!”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This is by far the nicest Best Western I have ever been to while on vacation. My husband and I stayed here on a weekend get-away for his birthday. The woman working the front desk was super polite and helpful - she called us a cab and even made dinner reservations for us before our concert at the House of Blues! The service was much better then I thought we would get. The room was HUGE, super clean and very comfy. We got turn down service twice while we were there and found our mini bar restocked each time we came back to our room. When heading back to Houston, I will make it a point to book this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank egh83
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I had to make a visit to Houston to see my brother who had a stroke. I came on a red eye trip 7am - so I was very tired. Jo ( front desk lady) let us check in early and let us get some breakfast. The rooms were so spacious. The hotel made us feel right at home. We will be back!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dragon452
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2011

My buddy and I stayed at the Best Western during the Final Four. It's a couple of blocks from downtown Houston. However, the location turned out to be ideal as mid-town is also a couple of blocks in a different direction and it has a terrific collection of bars and restaurants. Sonny who works at the front desk will be happy to drive you to any of them.

The free breakfast was outstanding.

Jo (who really runs the place) could not have been a better host and made sure that all of our needs were met. They probably don't pay her enough given that she goes out of her way to make sure the guests are happy.

Bottom line: the hotel met our needs

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank DRE1029
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I stood 4 nights at this hotel with my mother (shopping trip).

Before booking a room for four nights at the Best Western Downtown Inn and Suites, I read some reviews about this and other hotels on the downtown zone (Doubletree, Marriot Courtyard, etc.) and I'm glad to say that all of the good comments that were written about BW are true.

The hotel is located right oustide the Houston downtown, but outside doesn't mean far. The few times I decided to walk to the downtown, a 15-minutes walk took me to the heart of it. If you aren't a walkiing person, the shuttle of the hotel will take you anywhere within the downtown area or even to the midtown if the distance isn't too far.

The rooms are clean, spacious and very well equipped with an iron, a coffee maker, the basic bathroom amenities, satellital TV and as many bottles of water as you can drink. It also has a microwave and a small fridge, which makes your stay even more comfortable. Vending machines are avaiable to get microwave food and sodas whenever you want.

The best of the hotel is the staff: Jo, the front-desk lady is just lovely and helpful. Sonny (the multi-task guy of the business) is always ready to give you a ride on the shuttle or to recommend you the hot spots to hang out at night. There is a third front-desk guy called Don, that kindly took us to a Walgreen's like 20 blocks away from the hotel in his own car, as the shuttle only works from Monday to Friday. That was something nice I didn't expect.

The breakfast is simple but effective: waffles, sweet bread, cereal, milk, coffee, eggs, sausages and bacon. They serve the same breakfast everyday, so try to "rotate" your choices if you are staying more than one night and you don't like to have the same everyday.

The hotel is totally non-smoking. If you are a nicotine addict, DON'T DO IT INSIDE the rooms. During our stay, we saw two guys being kindly kicked out of the hotel after paying a $ 250.00 fine for smoking inside.

The only thing I didn't like were the pillows. They were too large and squishy and it's the only kind of pillows they have, so if you are a "firm" pillows user like me, you will have to bring yours.

In conclusion, if I ever visit Houston again, I will stay here for sure.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank KingOmicron
California
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I love this simple hotel! Sparkling clean with extrodinarily comfortable beds tucked into spacious rooms.

It clings to the outskirts of down town and offers free shuttles for the out and about. The staff is efficient and carrying...they fussed more than I did when I thought I lost my phone.

The entire hotel is a non-smoking oasis.

• Stayed February 2011