“Great home away from home while on business” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH

Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH
Ranked #161 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great home away from home while on business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I travel to the Houston area about once a month, and I really look forward to staying here. The cordial staff makes you feel at home. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Close access to the Beltway makes traveling in the area a little easier.

But, it is the wonderful people that work in this hotel that make the stay enjoyable. From the General Manager right along to the housekeeping staff, they are all polite and friendly. So thank you to Jerrica, David, Dennis, and the rest of you whose names I do not know, for making each stay a comfortable and relaxing one (while I am not working). Oh yeah, the breakfast buffet and the manager's reception aren't bad either.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
The staff here is awesome and we love our guests we will see you soon!!!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I know it is hard to believe a review of all 5's, but this place and these people were wonderful. We stayed an entire week and the quality of everything stood the test of time. Some examples, I didn't find a copy of the complimentary newspaper downstairs by the elevator and asked a staff member about it. He responded, "Just a minute." and went upstairs and brought one back to me. There was a large hot breakfast every morning and a manager's appreciation of snacks (mini-corn dogs or the like), nuts, etc. plus soda's and beer, Monday-Thursday, 4-6pm. A Business center to surf (when needed) and print your boarding passes. They left the room in the configuration you set (we moved some furniture around to better aid us).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your review is awesome and we hope to be your Houston home and let us know how you want the guestroom furniture and we'll have it set-up for you all and we promise to have your paper waiting.

Jerrica Conner
North Platte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

My family booked a vacation for 6 days @ the Wingate by Wyndham Bush I. Airport. From the time that we arrived, the desk person was very helpful in giving us directions to all of the places we needed to go. The room was very clean (smell good) and al of our needs were met. The managers reception was a lot of fun and we were able to mingle with other folks staying there.
The continental breakfast helped us since we were touring the city all day. (Even during a tornado in the area). I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Select a room on the west side away from the traffic
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your response and we expect to see your entire family again soon and we hope the weather is better.
Springfield, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Having a hard time locating the hotel, found the staff patient on the phone.
When we got there they were very helpful, even let us check in early.
Will stay there again if back in Houston.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your review I'm glad you found your way...we'll be waiting by the phone for your next trip to Houston.
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I booked this hotel thru p.line. The hotel was clean as in reviews which is good although it is not in a great location. The rooms were spacious. I felt sad when I noticed the hotel is trying to reduce its cost so blatantly. The beds were not comfortable at all. Another thing I noticed is the fact that there was no bathtub. When I showered the water was all over the floor which made my hand get wet when I used the bathroom later. The toilet paper was so cheap it does not even tear nicely. They offered breakfast which was good, but I noticed they lowered the breakfast end time at 9 rather than 10.30 which they used to have in past. Other than these, I still recommend this hotel to anyone. It is good maybe for a quick stay, but I do not recommend this for a good relaxation vacation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
I apologize for the bad and thank you for the good that you did say. I know that the toilet paper was not the best we ordered from another company and definitely will NOT be ordering from them again. You also mentioned that you did not have a bathtub in your room you must have been given a wheelchair accessible room you could have told the guest service agent on duty and they would have been more than happy to assist you in moving rooms. I thank you for still recommending us because this is a nice hotel with lots of complimentary amenities. Come back and see us and check out the difference in the TP, we're waiting for you.