All reviews the breakfast area the hotel staff beltway carpeting housekeeping
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is a roadside motel branded on the fancier side of the Choice Hotels lineup; though it desperately needs some updating and improvements.

My first impression, as I pulled up after driving for twelve hours, was the hotel “security guard”, reclined in his car, tablet playing a video on the steering wheel, dirty sock on his foot hanging out of the driver’s side window, and nodding off to the point he didn’t even notice me pull up. I’m sure the local hooligans shiver in fear at his crime prevention prowess…

Despite this, I found the check-in process and staff to be outstanding! Just a great, happy, lovely demeanor and well needed after my trip. The process was done in moments and I was off to my room. The room was very spacious, and certainly worth the cost provided (but not much more). The bed was acceptable, though perhaps a bit too much on the firm side for my liking (I still got plenty of rest).

Despite being near to the Houston Beltway, the room was very quiet. I pretty much slept like a baby while I was there. The shower was very good, I found the water pressure and quickness of hot water coming up to be a benefit.

The breakfast was okay, but typical hotel fare – nothing fancy. One concern with breakfast, though, was the occasional ‘urban outdoorsman’ who would wander into the hotel and chow down before beginning their hard working day of panhandling on the corner. The hotel has signs up stating “guests only”, and staff do try to be quick about removing such individuals; but a couple of vagrants did slip past the watchful eye of the hotel staff. One suggestion might be to keep the security officer on a few hours longer to monitor the breakfast area. It shouldn’t be too much of a stretch and the officer, as noted above, should be pretty well rested after their night of ‘work’.

The ugly here, what gets me, is the hotel is just dirty. I’m wondering when was the last time the hotel rooms had the carpeting shampooed? It is pretty bad when, after showering, and walking to the bed to get dressed, that I have to clean the bottom of my feet because I walked barefoot. Frankly, it is a very distressing problem. The towel used would be visibly dirty afterward.

All-in-all, not a bad hotel; but certainly not the best I’ve stayed at, either.

Room Tip: My room was on the back of the property, away from the Beltway. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I booked a room at this hotel early in the afternoon, drove 4.5 hours and arrived about 10:00pm. The room I was assigned had not been turned and had the last occupants garbage all over the room, bed was untouched; in short housekeeping missed it totally. It smelled like cigarettes, just like the lobby and elevator. Front desk clerk explained that there were no other rooms and spoke to GM who offered me a free night later to comp me. No thanks, I’ll get my bed bugs elsewhere. The bamboo growing on the lobby coffee table is a mosquito farm too. Poorly managed and run Clarion. I hope corporate sees this review and pays them a visit. I’m also asking Concur to remove it from their site for business travelers. Horrible, just horrible.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The location is great and was close to the places we were going to. The young woman in the front desk was courteous and did her best to accomodate us. We were very tired, and they allowed us to check in a couple of hours earlier. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. This place was also peacful and quiet.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Booked this room a year ago. Paid $100 more per night because it was Super Bowl weekend. The room was large but very dated. The furnishings were inexpensive but the bed linens were nice and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. The hotel rooms are in a desperate need of renovations. There was wood colored duck tape on the bathroom door where the room door kept hitting it. The bathroom surround was clean but had a crack. The bathroom sink had mold where it connected under the counter. Location was great. Easy to get downtown, to the Gallaria or to the stadium.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Laura R, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

We sincerely thank you for recognizing the quality of service that you received while visiting our property. It was our absolute pleasure to have you as our guest and would like to inform you we are going to renovate and add a bistro and bar. We hope to see you in the future when we are finished!

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

There were bed bugs in my bed apparently as I had itchy skin tags after the first night there . The room furnishings were outdated . The bathroom was good though and so was the microwave in the room
Breakfast was unexciting
Staff ignored us most times seemed to lack interest in the guests experience
I would never stay here again for sure

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Quality Inn S, Front Office Supervisor at Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Naturally, we were disappointed to learn that you encountered issues during your stay. I sincerely apologize. Unfortunately, your experience was not the same as many of our other satisfied Quality Inn & Suites - Westchase customers have received. We will share your comments with our team to improve our consistency in providing excellent customer service to all guests.