“Is it a secret?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #275 of 499 Hotels in Houston
Everywhere
“Is it a secret?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

What a nice gem! I've seen this hotel since I usually stay next door at the Best Western Mini-suites( they were charging 100/night for some reason) and I am big big fan but this quality inn is def on par with BW.
Check-in/room: Quick and efficient. Got a high floor king room away from the elevator. Yes! they have an elevator so no prob if you have a bunch of stuff. VERY clean and spacious. The king room I had had a small kitchen area with cabinets, microwave/fridge and a recliner in the sitting area. The rooms are just as large as the Mini-suites next door.
Breakfast: Those icky powdered eggs, sausage, pastries, bagels, waffles. Typical of this class hotel. Enough to get you started for the day
Return/recommend: Absolutely! The just need a pool and it would go from good to great. If my BW next door keeps increasing their prices, this may be my new Houston go to. 65/night is an excellent value

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank davissummer24
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The rooms where roomy and the facility was well kept. I did use the workout room and wish the machines were a bit older. I stayed here for a business trip, so I was only in the room to sleep.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

The hotel was average with the staff stingy in giving stuff like tooth pastes etc. But the rooms were clean, the food facility was not good and the laundry was delayed. The general stay was comfortable over all, except that I had to eat out all the time.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

My family, along with some extended family stayed at this hotel for a funeral. Although the circumstances of our stay were very sad, we had a pleasant experience in terms of the accomodations here. Our rooms were on the first floor just off of the lobby, so we were close to the breakfast area and sitting area in the lobby. This was nice because it gave us convienient options for places to relax and talk. The rooms were surprisingly large. The photos I saw online did not do them justice. There was a separate sitting area in the room, with a pull out couch (so, more people coud have stayed in one room than I realized). Also, there was a very convienient, what I'd call "butler's pantry" area that included a microwave, mini fridge, sink, coffee maker and cabinets stocked with paper goods. I did not see a single stain in the entire room or lobby area. Everything was very clean. There were none of the typical annoyances like sinks that don't drain, bad water pressure or broken appliances. I am usually grossed out a bit by hotels, but was not at all by this one. The furniture was mostly modern and the carpeting and tile floors all seemed new. The bed linens were modern, bleach-white. The beds and pillows were comfortable.
Nearby on Westheimer there is an overwhelming number of restaurants to choose from in either direction. The surrounding area was clean. The complimentary hotel breakfast was the standard for Holiday Inn Express, which I have found to be a little better than most. They include eggs, yougurt and fruit instead of the usual carb. load you typically see. They do not have a pool. There is a small workout area and a computer in the lobby sitting area. My cousin was unable to get online for some reason though.
There was one glitch in our stay: the first night there was alot of ruckus above us all through the night that disturbed our sleep. We could hear it from both of our side-by-side rooms. It sounded like unsupervised children jumping from one end of the room to the next...very loud, constant banging. We complained to the manager and staff several times who were apologetic and promised to talk to them. The next morning we were offered a move to a new room. We were afraid talking to them would do no good because it hadn't helped during the night when we complained at 3 am. We liked our room location and didn't want to move. We felt that management should have considered asking the noisly people to move, not us. Fortunatly, the next night was very quiet. We could not hear any highway noise from the room either night, even though the hotel is right beside Beltway 8.
I would recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness, spacious rooms, friendly staff, convienient location with lots of dining options nearby, and it's very decent breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank anyajimt
JennitaM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2008

The hotel was clean, but our first room had a broken TV that we had to complain about several times. They eventually moved us to a new room. The staff was friendly and apologetic about the switch. If you stay here, be aware that you should not leave anything valuable in your car. Two cars were broken into the morning I left (including mine) in the parking lot at about 8:30 am. I had put a suitcase in the trunk then gone in to get some more stuff and someone was obviously watching - broke out the window and popped the trunk and took the suitcase. The police took a phone statement. Otherwise the hotel is reasonably priced and clean.

Stayed November 2008