I hadn't planned to overnight in Houston but circumstances did not allow me to continue an international itinerary. I made the reservation at Comfort hurriedly through an airline web site and specified a non-smoking room with a king bed and asked for a quiet location.
When I arrived my room was waiting--and it was a non-smoking room with a king bed at the end of the hallway. An amazingly comfortable room, as well. Big flat-screen TV, an easy chair with ottoman, desk, high-speed wifi and ethernet access, small fridge, microwave, wonderful pillow on a comfy bed, and a very nicely appointed bathroom with lots of hot water for that much-needed shower. I didn't need the iron and ironing board but they were there if I'd needed them.
Airport shuttle was quick from IAH, and the driver even offered to go through a fast food drive-thru if I was hungry and didn't feel like walking to nearby places for a late dinner. Those nearby places included a pizzaria, a Subway, and a couple of non-chain casual places, all within about 200 yards of the hotel.
I was very impressed by the quiet and comfort of the hotel. Even when I tried I could barely hear traffic or aircraft. The public areas looked very clean and well-kept. My room was as close to spotless as I could ever expect.
There is a small swimming pool and an adequate guests-only exercise room. Oh, and in the lobby there's a collection of books. Take what you want to read and return it to any Country Inn. A nice, thoughtful touch.
The registration procedure was a piece of cake, no issues whatsoever, and the young lady at the front desk could not have been nicer.
I left on the 6:30AM shuttle (it was on time, too) so I missed the complimentary breakfast (it opens at 6AM weekdays, 7AM weekends and holidays). But I did see a hotel employee organizing the buffet: waffle maker, a chafing dish for some kind of heated item, cereals, four kinds of juices, and assorted pastries. It didn't look like just "cheap carbs" alone but a reasonably decent selection for a complimentary buffet.
Would I stay here again? Yes, most certainly. I've stayed at the big-name airport hotel at IAH multiple times, but the Comfort Inn provided me with 90% of the comfort and convenience for about 35% of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on JFK Boulevard at the entrance to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), the Country Inn & Suites Houston South hotel offers guests a convenient location, exceptional amenities and friendly service. Enjoy free wireless Internet access, a complimentary daily hot breakfast and free airport shuttle to IAH. Our Houston airport hotel's services also include an outdoor pool, a Business Center and a fully renovated Fitness Center featuring a brand-new elliptical, treadmill and multi-station workout area. Visit the Country Inn & Suites and see what makes us one of the best Houston Airport hotels for both business and leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houston Intercontinental Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Intercontinental Airport
- Country Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Country Inn Airport
- Country Inn Houston
- Houston Country Inn