“Food good but customer service has attitude”
Review of Bodegas Taco Shop

Bodegas Taco Shop
Ranked #22 of 424 Quick Bites in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Description: In the Museum District of Houson. Near the Museum of Fine Art and Hotel Zaza.
Reviewed 2 July 2022

Their menu as you walk through is somewhat confusing and they are very impatient. The manager was snarky and then the checkout guy overcharged us and had an attitude about that with us. Food was OK. I had two shrimp on my shrimp taco. It was good but insubstantial. Wouldn't go back again.

Date of visit: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (215)

Reviewed 18 August 2021

I stopped here because it was convenient and I didn't have much time. I always order online or call-in and my order is always ready. I have eaten here at least three times now and I must say it is rather good compared to some. I especially like the queso and chips! I have also tried the tacos they were flavorful...well mainly the ground beef. I wasn't too fond of the beef and chicken fajita meat though...I just think the beef lacked seasoning. Overall, for the prices I will continue to go there!!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

We stopped for lunch when we visited the Houston Museum of Natural History. It was an easy walk and the food was much better than anything you could get in the museum. Very good and a great atmosphere.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank davidr17291
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

One of my favorite restaurants to eat at. They are also friendly when I visit. I try to order something different every time.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Be careful there, the utensils are nasty located at the front by register, people cough over them.. They even give attitude if want plastic fork.. The cook eats out of bowl over grill. They overcharge when get to register because they speak in Spanish and price don't add up from what is shown on menu..Oh and don't ask to add fries when checking out. Manager don't seem to care about poor service .. Be careful. there is another location located in professional building across street that is awesome, more variety.

Date of visit: January 2020